Sign in to follow this  
pete159

Who  Wants Great Blood effects and wounds?P

I'm tired of war games that don't have proper wounds and blood effects.

I'm tired of companies more concerned about getting a Teen rating then making the game be realistic.

in war, people bleed and get blown apart.

I can't be the only person that would love to see a head blown off when it gets shot with a.50 barret sniper rifle.

I'm tired of war games that don't have proper wounds and blood effects.

I'm tired of companies more concerned about getting a Teen rating then making the game be realistic.

in war, people bleed and get blown apart.

I can't be the only person that would love to see a head blown off when it gets shot with a.50 barret sniper rifle.

Oh brother. sad_o.gif Real life violence is always disturbing. Someone was killed in my apartment building a few weeks ago, and I walked by the pool of blood on the stairwell. I couldn't eat for the rest of the day.

Game violence, even if it's totally realistic, never conveys the reality of the end of a life. You can always restart and everything is back to normal. Not to be mean, but if you'd really love to see a human being's head blown off, you should expeditiously go see a psycho-pathologist.

Ask a person who's been to war if they joined with the intent of quenching a bloodthirst, to "look at proper blood effects" and wounds.

Your poll has no spectrum... no valid point to make, and is completely immature... and might I say -- stupid. There is no difference between that question than asking this question: Are I right? Or are you wrong because I am right?

Arma had on/off buttons to switch up blood amounts. Granted, having the non-gore animations does allow them to keep the 'T' rating. Having that option really opens their market to potentially tens of thousands of different customers. If it was rated mature, they'd be out of a lot of money... and for a game they've been working so hard for for all these years - its only fair to say that they deserve every dollar they get given the time and energy they put into 'their baby'. Hell, I was a teen when OFP brought me in. Now I'm basically done with college and I'm awaiting its sequel. If OFP were given an 'M' rating and I was carded at the store, I wouldn't be here right now and nether would many of the people in this forum. Basically, if anyone is under the age of 25 they are not allowed to complain. Period.

This comes from a guy who couldn't get enough of the limbs/guts/blood flying off the things in DeadSpace.

You just don't worry your little head on about it, a week in and there will be a mod showing all of the gore in the world... enough gore to make it rated A. Only you'll see it, but whatever - your addons.. your experience.

Christ, what is this?

Are you sure?

-Yes. -OK.

And BTW, I find the damage textures quite gory actually.

SetDamage yourself to 0.9 and you'll be walking with a hole in your skull crazy_o.gif

Two words:

Stupid poll.

Agreed

Slanted polls have no place in ArmA

i voted yes but for me even ofp's gore was good enough, blood particle effects should be better this time though.

I'm totally sure we had that "we need more blood and gore" atleast once in the past.

Why we need to have the same useless discussions over and over again?

Have you ever thought about the higher ESRB Rating? An 18+ game doesn't sell as much as an 16+ game.

And yes, BIS makes the game to earn money in the first place, not to entertain you with gore effects that let Splatter movies look like a Disney production. wink_o.gif