Sign in to follow this  
Kimmeh

Rise of Heroes, a Russia side ArmA 2 coop clan

RecruitmentPoster.jpg

Rise of Heroes is a coop clan that plays the Russia-side of the Chernarussian conflict. Plans to start this clan have been in development over a year ago and RoH will be going official at the launch of ArmA 2. However, we are allready seeking comrades for the cause before the launch, as the hardest part of starting a clan is the beginning. With this course of action, we hope to give the clan a good kickstart, and a starting base of members that can act as the spine of the organisation, while we slowly gain more members to make up the rest of the body.

Now for some useful information, such as our theme and things we offer:

We will be focussing on the Russian side. The backstory is that the Russian government does not like the interference of the US on Chernarus, and sends it's own force to guard Russian interests. The clan will simulate that Russian force gone rogue, while officially termed rebels by the Russian political figures, they do supply their own 'rogue' forces secretly.

We will be starting from the launch of ArmA 2.

We will have our own 24/7 ArmA 2 server, as well as a voice-communication server.

We will have our own website, it is being worked on. We are however still looking for someone who is good with websites.

We will play serious coop, if you cannot muster the patience, dedication and maturity to be communicative, polite and cooperative, then you're welcome to go enjoy yourself someplace else.

While we incorporate specially trained player-only teams(mainly 2-man sniper/reconnaisance/lasering teams), we will be focussing on a higher tactical scale. To achieve this we shall use AI infantry, armour and logistical squads to aid us, allthough the squads shall be controlled by humans. We hope that this will add to the immersive feeling of being on a live battlefield. Expect large-scale fights, inter-branch cooperation and a lot of communition and planning.

We will have our own custom-made missions tailored to our unique style of play. We will have so-called 'Live Ops' at pre-determined times and dates, which will be uniquely made missions with lots of twists and surprises.

We will use official radio-communication protocols to a certain degree. Expect to receive training in correct radio terms during trainings and live operations, this will not only add to the efficiency of communication but also to the immersion of battle.

We will attempt to incorporate a small aspect of roleplay in our gameplay. The use of ranks, military terms, slang and abbreviations will be a part of this, as well as certain mission-elements such as propaganda warfare, and general caring for the fate of our soldiers. They're not just AI, they're our comrades!

We will not attempt to replicate a certain real-life unit. One's watchful eye may notice elements from real military units, but we attempt to create our own style. We firmly believe that realism and creativity are not opposites.

What we ask of our members:

Being 18 years of age or older.(we try not to discriminate, so rare exceptions may be made)

Owning a working microphone, and understanding, speaking as well as writing English comprehensively.

Having a working MSN adress that we can contact you on.

Sufficient time to play. Naturally we perfectly understand everyone has a private life to attend to, however to enjoy ourselves, we need other people to play with.

Knowing when to follow instructions precisely, and when to show personal initiative.

Willingness to learn, and being eager to help out new players.

Respectful and friendly behaviour. Those names on the server's player-list are humans with feelings, not just letters.

Eager to try new things/show initiative. This can range from suggesting new tactics and playing styles, to things such as scripting and website making.

Trying to get friends and other players to join in, the more souls we have, the more options we have in our gameplay!

To show a certain feeling for roleplay, we like to keep a certain atmosphere of comradeship and brotherhood. Small details such as occasionally adressing someone by their ranks, maybe mentioning to the officer in charge that your troops are getting blisters on their feet and want a truck, etcetera.

Being an active part of our clan. Rise of Heroes is not 'owned' by the officers or leaders, they just are what they are for organisational and roleplay reasons. Everyone has the same rights in the clan, and RoH is community property! You as a member are the heart and soul of the brotherhood, you are Rise of Heroes.

What we do not ask or want of our members:

To dedicate every minute of their spare time to us.

To be an overobedient meat-puppet bowing to every wish of the officers. In fact, the only reason we have ranks is for organisational and roleplay reasons, all members are equal.

Having to be reminded by others all day long to stick to the battleplan/tactics/radioprocedures and so forth. It's the officer's job to put knowledge into your skull, it is your job to keep it from leaking out.

Being a tit in general, by things such as teamkilling, base trashing, swearing, bashing down every suggestion others make etcetera.

Having problems with people who think different than they do.

Having problems with people of a different nationality, culture, sexual preference, political orientation, etcetera.

We truly hope that this enterprise will be a great success. As enthousiastic as we are about the game as well as our clan's concept, we know there will be bumps in the road, but with a sense of comradeship, humour and creativity, this clan can keep us entertained for many years to come!

To sign up, e-mail kdwinter87@gmail.com, or add it to your msn and introduce yourself. Then you will be added to the list. Once ArmA 2 comes out, you shall all be warmly welcomed in the

Rise of Heroes!

Kimmeh

P.s. If e-mail sharing on the forum is not allowed, I apologise, in that case a PM or thread reply will do.

P.p.s. Feel free to ask questions in this thread if you're curious about something, or would just like to show your support or wish us good luck. I beg you to refrain from criticism or arguing, as that is not the purpose of this thread. However if you have something constructive to say or something you'd like to point out, please send me a PM.

Update: Our website is online! We are just testing out the possibilities of this webhost and it isn't finished yet, but it should give you a basic view of how we work.

Edit: after testing of the webhost and discussing the offers with them, we decided not to buy their services. For the moment, we have made a quick-n-dirty freewebs site, which isn't optimal, but will serve it's purposes for the moment. We shall find another over time.

Kimmy

Kimmeh, just tell them you're a girl and you'll get plenty of applications.

(I know it's sad, but sometimes life is like that)

Kimmeh, just tell them you're a girl and you'll get plenty of applications.

(I know it's sad, but sometimes life is like that)

I'm looking for proper recruits with a life, not basement virgins. ;)

, not basement virgins.

hahaha that made my day

by the way, could it be that your other name is "Kitteh" ingame?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you down Takko, my name is "Kimmeh" in-game. :)