Sign in to follow this  
An-225

ArmA II and Evolution

I remember the demo for Armed Assault. One of the greatest things about it, was the Attack Somato mission.

In it, you had about 10 squad members, and two HMMWVs. In my opinion, one of Armed Assaults (current) greatest downfalls, is the mission variety, or lack thereof.

The only missions that get played now are: Warfare, Evolution and Domination (so, its not just Evo plaguing it). It is a true shame, considering the realism of the sim, to think that everyone wants to play these three missions.

Thinking back to the Somato mission, you had only the BARE MINIMUM to seize the town. Domination, Evolution give you a great deal of vehicles, (up to four of every single variant of BLUFOR or OPFOR vehicle), limiting the amount of teamwork encountered, because everyone has to have their own HMMWV or Blackhawk.

Domination features a TELEPORT function, further ruining the immersion, and reducing the reliance on your teammates to fly an EVAC helo.

Evolution features air support which can be radio'd in via the map, reducing reliance on your teammates to give proper CAS.

Warfare - a cash system in a military simulator? I wanted to fight a war, not finance my killing machines.

All three missions feature something similar to a ranking system (cash system in Warfare, rewards for side missions in Domination, Evolution with a ranking system that rewards...points with unlocked vehicles and weapons), further attracting players for the wrong reasons. Vehicles should be provided right away, rather than rewarded for cash, rank or missions completed.

The missions are designed to be somewhat easy for the players accustomed to CoD gameplay. No one gives any care for teamwork or tactics. Not to mention, that in all of these missions, you are capturing an entire island with only 5 people because there are so many variants of the one mission, the community gets divided.

Its like, the majority of players want to turn this into a fast paced action game like Call of Duty 4 (a game which I have no problem with, but I want Armed Assault to be Armed Assault - a game in which the utmost care must be taken to accomplish a mission, not throw yourself at a town and hope you clear it).

Since I bought the game in late 2007, the only three missions I have ever seen being played regularly, are Evo and Domination (and, in 2008, Warfare).

What does the community think? Should Evolution and Domination return? (Warfare is a given) Will they return? Does 2009 require more sophisticated missions, ones that are not as generic as the million "Capture the Island" variants we have now?

Theres been many topics about this i'm sure, this totally depends on which servers you go to, and what kind of community/clan is based on that server.

To get a good realism experience most of the time you need to join a clan like -{GOL}- or one of the others which are availble smile_o.gif

Regarding the maps, im sure that ArmA2 will have warfare as for evo and domination theres a possbility (im not a fan of them either)

hope this helps

I guess a new Evo will be worth playing, since it will be on a new map with all new units and equipment.

People play what they want in the end. Some people seem to enjoy playing the same damn thing over and over again.

If you're really into multiplayer you shouldn't be relying on public servers anyway.

I'm sure they will return whether you want them to or not. It's up to the mission authors. You can always go and play something else.

lol you don't know what you are saying, Warfare is full of teamwork, why do you wanna play some simple mission over a big sized war??

You need to take towns to make money to create cars, tanks, choppers

And defend them, while you also need to destroy the enemys base, and its faaaaar away from COD play style.

You also say you wanna have a mission instead to hope that u clear a town, well in warfare its my MISSION to clear that town togheter with my AI buddie and some help from other players.

Yeah i love warfare, but still its awesome.

plagued ?

seriously if people want to play something like 'that' then they will play it ...

considering they are virtually no limits (mainly just by imagination and scripting abilities of mission maker)

on what types of multiplayer mission appear ...

with good people i was able enjoy Evo as much as CTI, RTS4, DOM, WF,C&H,BERZ or excelent story based COOP sessions ...

because this thread is virtually useless as every player and admin can decide what they want to play i'm locking this ...