Sign in to follow this  
PanzerGrenadier2

Fogofwar

In OFP is their a command that you can put in that pushes the fog which is at {im guessing} 1000yards further back...

Countless times i need to LONG RANGE snipe yet nothings visible passed the fog..... This is for single player btw.

Also on clear day's when im cranking the chopper at low level flight the fog is really annoying as its too close. Any help greatly apreciated.

You cannot do this externally. The mission must have a "SetViewdistance" statement within it to achieve the clearer results you desire.

Yes, many have already stated that they want BIS to allow this setting to be overriden externally, at least in SP missions.

k thx avon smile.gif ... so i guess were waiting for bis to do that in the next patch ?? or their not going to / bother .. or Have they said anything about it ?.

Don't count on it in the near future.

In general, it would be nice to be able to modify the date/time, weather and view distance on the fly, for SP missions or for MP missions by the server host. This would add more gameplay potential to any missions out there.

I think mission creators can do their part too, by indeed using the

?(benchmark > 1400):setviewdistance 1200

command for example. It would be nice to know what distances work best with what benchmarks.

My comp has benchmark 1453 and viewdistance 1200 works good (if not too much is going on ofcourse, no D-day missions heh smile.gif

Maybe other people could send their best working benchmark vs viewdistance so we could have a table for mission creators ? Personally I feel the viewdistance command is used rarely :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bloodmixer @ Mar. 05 2002,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">?(benchmark > 1400):setviewdistance 1200<span id='postcolor'>

The only problem with this is that mission gameplay will not be consistant for people with different systems.

Well, correct me if I am wrong,

But is the the benchmark not related to the power of the computer ? So basically anyone with benchmark of say > 1500 will be able to have an equal amount of viewdistance ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bloodmixer @ Mar. 05 2002,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So basically anyone with benchmark of say > 1500 will be able to have an equal amount of viewdistance ?<span id='postcolor'>

I only get a benchmark of 750 confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bloodmixer @ Mar. 05 2002,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, correct me if I am wrong,

But is the the benchmark not related to the power of the computer ? So basically anyone with benchmark of say > 1500 will be able to have an equal amount of viewdistance ?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but what I think avon means is that if players with different systems have different view ranges, it makes the playing unfair, if player 1 can see player 2 but player 2 cant see player 1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 05 2002,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, but what I think avon means is that if players with different systems have different view ranges, it makes the playing unfair, if player 1 can see player 2 but player 2 cant see player 1.<span id='postcolor'>

Precisely.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 05 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, but what I think avon means is that if players with different systems have different view ranges, it makes the playing unfair, if player 1 can see player 2 but player 2 cant see player 1.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, it is unfair.

But how do you call "i run a p4@2ghz+gf4ti and u only have a p3@500mhz+gf2mx" ? wink.gif

(i have p3@866+gf2pro)

Playing in MP may be a bit unfair sometimes.

I see what is meant....and that would be unfair....well it could be overcome in MP by making the script check the lowest benchmark in the game and set it according to that computer....

In SP it wouldn't be much of a problem I think ?

Well, personally i'd like to see the setviewdistance setting on the config screen, no matter if it would be unfair, MP *is* unfair

Meanwhile, i'd like to see some SP missions using such tricks smile.gif

BTW, is the "object fog distance" separated from the "terrain fog distance" ?

It would be fine to greatly increase terrain drawing, specially in *air* missions, where object visibility is not much useful, but terrain is !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mission must have a "SetViewdistance" statement within it to achieve the clearer results you desire.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, so could somebody please tell us script-ignorant people exactly how you use this command? confused.gif