Sign in to follow this  
beton

Some LOd questions

Hi...

as i still have issues with my roadwaylods and ai path i have started examining the bis samplemodels. On my models the ai does not want to use the paths i set and does not use the roadwaylod or begins to stick and wobble at a certain point.

Some questions occured.

1. In the roadwaylod there are sometimes sharp and sometimes smooth edges. Same for the ai Path. Does that have any impact on the model?

2. Does the texture applied on the Roadwaylod have any certain impact?

3. Could it be possible that that the roadwaylod must not be closed for the ai to use it?

4. How high is the slope on a face allowed to be to make ai use the roadway.

So maybe someone is able and willing to help me

smile_o.gif

thanks in advance

1. As far i know sharp or smooth edges have no impact, i always use sharp edges.

2. The textures define the sound you hear when walking on that roadway lod. concrete, wood, carpet and so on. The usable textures are defined in cfgsurfaces.

3. hmm, if you have a 1st and second floor and "stairs" connecting them i connect the 3 plains, not sure if its needed.

4. hard to guess, but i think i had 60 degree and more without a problem. 90 degree didnt worked as i tried it once.

note that the roadway should not collide with a geometry lod, f.e. when making the geometry for a house, you only do the walls in geometry, the floor you do in roadway lod.

if nothing else helps, give a link to the model and i take a look.