Sign in to follow this  
Op4 BuhBye

Server VS Ace Mod

I am begging for someones help here.

We are running a linux server with no mods. We have "NOACE MOD" in our server name but it seams people cant see it cause they connect anyway.

We have tried....

Sig checking

Doolittles mod blocker (worked great for a week)

No Ace In our server name

This Mod has become a plague for us. Its bringing our server down 2 and 3 times a day. Does anyone have any ideas to stop this.

Thanks in advance.

Try:-

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">equalModRequired=1

Will only allow mods on that you have running on the server.

But may be no good if you want to allow ppl to use sounds mods of their choice etc.

I had heard of that command but I couldnt find it. Honestly I would rather not use it cause it will block sound mods but it may come to that.

Thank you for your help.

Why didn't the signature check work?

It should kick people with unapproved addons.

With signature check enabled...you need to put bikeys to "Keys" folder of the server for every single mod you want to allow on your server i.e. you need to put keys for FDF, VOP, HiFi, Chammy's , Fromz, ArmaEffects etc...

As suggested to me when I had this problem, I used the DooAcs program.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=77336

Worked really well.

That was my thread - not an ACE problem but a SERVER problem as I wasnt trying to run ACE but ban sertain mods.

(Some moderators should read thread before they close them wink_o.gif  or at least move thread to correct section)