Sign in to follow this  
pvt.pile

9800GT low fps?

I have just upgraded my old 7800 GTX to a Zotac 9800 GT and I havn't really noticed that much of a difference in the FPS, most othere games that I own run sweet now with everything maxed out but not ArmA. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia plus I turned down all the settings to medium because on high I was getting between 25 and 40 FPS on the single player ambush mission. Any help is more than welcome, ty.

System Spec.

Windows XP Pro.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 Oced to 3.1 ghz

Zotac 9800 GT 512mb

Asrock 2Core 1333 DVI-2.66G

2 GiG DDR II PC 5300

160 GiG HD

view distance and resolution,

you are where you need to be with that card and kit...

My veiw distance is set to 2000m and my resolution is 1280x1024, I can't play any higher than that because that is the highest res the monitor will allow. I also have Vsnyc forced off in the Nvidia control panel.

Rikabi I have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

Reason is your RAM and/or overcloced graphics... I have 9800GT too with same RAM (means 2GB at 667MHz). Difference is i playing on 1680x1050 with 3000m VD... An i getting nearly same FPS (20-60, well mostly is closer to 20)... If your card is OCed try to setting it to default clocks (600/1500/900). This works for me.... And if that don't work best solution is to buy new RAM, probably 4GB 800MHz CL4 will fit...

PS: Don't expect stable 100FPS or something... This is out of range even for GTX 280 etc...

PS2: Sry for my english, i'm polish wink_o.gif