Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

As you change CWC houses with resistanc houses,but in some city houses you put wrong houses as a change.tyron is example.

I don't change any original island houses, they are always the same.

I guess you are talking about the desert versions in the WW4 1.0 that were not WW4 island but were from CJE island pack.

In one of the beta somewhere in this thread, just search if you want them, all the houses that were using Nogova models on the desert islands have been reverted back to the original Everon/Malden/Kolgujev ones, along with vegetation that was back to the original version, as it provided much more performance and better cover for the AI.

There was other versions too that vegetation were replaced by the ones from the DMA Lybia.

Yes your guess is right.now what i have to do.i convert your made mode islands(desert malden and everon) to my world folder.

There is difference in houses.

Edited by riffleman
Info

What you do ?

If you can't wait, go download the very usefull WRPTool, read its manual and check its dedicaced forum to replace the house and vegetations yourself, it is not rocket science.

Don't get angry man.the island you provide with your mode are made by you or not..

*sigh*

Have you ever read my post in the previous page, it is replying exactly what you are asking.

Somewhere in the depth of google images, i found a higher quality photo of a groza than the one i found originally.

So i tried to retexture my groza model using this photo as a basis and ended with this :

Additionally, i tweaked a bit the model so it does not float as much in the hands in external view.

clipboard01ov.jpg

With the side effect that it does not really look like a groza anymore (handgrip, grenade launcher and mags are not in the exact location they should be) , but as it looks better like this considering the animations limitation of OFP , it will do.

Looks very good. Also, nice to see you finally changed the 7.62mm magazine into 9mm, like you've configured it in the mod. :)

Looks very good. Also, nice to see you finally changed the 7.62mm magazine into 9mm, like you've configured it in the mod. :)

That's more of a "happy accident", the difference is mostly because the new texture came with a 9mm magazine with it, in opposite to the original texture that had a 7.62 ;)

I have not been able to contact Kabal (he disappeared since several years apparently) and his email does not exist anymore, not really helping, so all credits to him, the Everon recon corps will use a reworked (correct and optimised lods, texture merged, etc..) Famas from the Kabal pack.

clipboard02hj.jpg

I will make soon a WW4 mod 1.5 release, it will not include vehicles as the ones i have are just not finished yet, but it will have everything i have done, values, models and textures up-to-date.

Vehicles will then be release progressively later as soon as they are done.

Edited by Sanctuary

This is great news! Any chance we'll get dynamic speaking ai?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Whenever i fired a rocket on shilka,its one or two crew member remain alive always.

Edited by riffleman
Re

This is great news! Any chance we'll get dynamic speaking ai?

There should be an ECP version of the main config with the release

Great to hear that the new release is coming sanctuary i give u my congratulations for the amount of time and effort you put into your work and hope that you continue benefiting the operation flashpoint community.

PS: When you replaced default bis units with the new models will you change the default bis weapons too with your weapons models?

No, the WW4 mod is not a replacement mod, the focus is the ww4 troops, their weapons and next their vehicles.

Having already the BIS soldiers replaced by new models was just a bonus, i am not going to spend my time in replacing the BIS weaponry too, it is not the point of the mod.

Hopefully this should get rid of the shy snipers from before :)

Can you tell me it's any way to make snipers so effective in my own game?

Are other infantry snipers from other addons are effective too or only snipers from your mod?

To be effective, an AI sniper must see its target and have identified it as an enemy.

Increasing its Sensitivity=.... value helps the AI to see and identify a target from more far.

In mission making, you can help the AI if it does not have a high sensitivity value by either giving the sniper a GUARD waypoint, use a reveal command, or give the sniper AI a "spotter" that will be in the same group and you will have it move away and so will transmit whatever he can see to the sniper.

To engage a target, the target must be under the maxrange of the ammo used by the sniper AI (that's true for any ammo for any kind of AI weapon)

So if the AI sniper use a weapon that has its ammo with a maxrange=300 and the target is at 800m , the AI sniper will not shoot at all.

Additionally, if you give a higher dispersion to the weapon used for this AI sniper, there are then very few chance it will hit anything at long distance, so be sure its weapon do not have too much dispersion= or aiDispersionCoefX= and aiDispersionCoefY=

Then test your values in the mission editor by setting a sniper AI and some enemy group around to see if it is able to see them when yourself see them, and can engage them.

hey sanctuary have you ever considered making some terrorists in like, civillian clothing with some military webbing and face masks on? Do you have something like that?

There are some masked insurgents in the bunch (better webbings thanks to Rellikki), you can use them to any end with some weapon re-assignment.

clipboard01snw.jpg

But i am not working on terrorists, and don't plan to do so.

id like to see one in olive pant with olive trousers and balaclava. that'd be doooooope. do what you want, but i think it'd be cool if you had a group for each camo but all in the same like, style, such as insurgents, multiple camos, then another type multiple camos. What you think about that?

Edited by BronzeEagle

I have currently enough model/texture/config work to finalize, test and have values correct balancing for the upcoming WW4 1.5 instead of using my time on other non planned troops.

So if i decide to go for this, it will have to wait for later modpack upgrades.

with your ecp config, what features will we not get with regular ww4 1.5? will the standing animations be gone? cuz i was hoping to have dynamic speaking and the standing animations.