Sign in to follow this  
frederf

Separate Supply Hub Building

If I'm not mistaken all current versions of Warfare mission utilize 5ton truck-based supply that travels from the HQ to various supply depots around the map once captured.

I've always thought that Warfare would be a much better experience if there was a (unique) supply center building that handled all supply and combat service trucks instead of them being centered on the HQ.

1. Service and supply trucks are a traffic nightmare. The HQ is often a horribly crowded and messy place where AI drivers are not helping. The driving AI is likely to run people over, become delayed, or entirely break down.

2. HQ placement is limited. If you want the service and supply trucks to work you severely limit where an HQ can be placed. This is bad for keeping the HQ in a good position strategically.

3. Trucks act like a telltale string of ants. The HQ is the ultimate prize in Warfare and having an "ant trail" of trucks to/from it is not good for having a long, interesting mission with subtle intelligence and strategy.

Theoretically I have the coding ability to make this happen but tons of other people are far more knee-deep in understanding Warfare (WACO devs) and if I was successful no one would ever play my version since it only has the small edit.

I agree with the traffic nightmare and the impact current mechanics have on the MHQ placement. It's clear we now can't exactly hide the MHQ between some buildings in some tight spot where it would fit, cause the supply thing wouldn't work. Should we really be able to do it? It's already mobile, so You can like drive it around the map, and stop once in a while to build some production facilities. Should we be able to build many bases and supply hub, then go mando-hitch the thing (or swim with it, it's amphibious for a reason) to some island and bury it in some hangar/garage/shed/whatever?

I think the question is not about the supply mechanics, but about the nature of MHQ and the concept of the 'prize' objective as a whole.

What is MHQ now:

1. Projects the building zone.

2. Spawns supply trucks and works as supply hub.

3. It's destruction ends the game.

What would it be without the supply hub?

1. It allows building facilities, but there is no real reason it should stay in any particular place (Well, game ends when MHQ and all production facilities within some radius are destroyed, so it could be usefull to build lot of buildings to delay the end).

2. It's destruction ends the game, so let's hide it somewhere inaccessible and uncommon for the enemy to visit.

It's not like like I'm negative for the idea. The concept of 3+ 5t Trucks driving with something from many cities to single M113 with a tent is a strange one.

If it wasn't a supply hub directly then it would have a very real use in replacing destroyed facilities that only the MHQ can build. I like the idea of the MHQ being less in the line of fire. A side should lose a game of Warfare because they were degraded in total capability systematically by the enemy, not that their "prize jewel" was sniped in the side's prime.

If you start destroying assets then the MHQ has to come out and play and that's when it's vulnerable.

Theoretically I have the coding ability to make this happen but tons of other people are far more knee-deep in understanding Warfare (WACO devs) and if I was successful no one would ever play my version since it only has the small edit.

Untrue, that small edit of yours would be incorporated (injected) into other warfare mods. It would be a basis for other Warfare mods to stand on.