Sign in to follow this  
_BARNS_

setting up a custom group

Hey,

i was searching for the config or whatever in Arma where you can configurate the groups you can spawn or place if you press F2 in the editor.

I wanna set up a custom group so there is no need to place em manualy one by one.

soo can anybody tell me where this file is located?

thx alot

The groups are defined by cfgGroups in the addons. So to add a new group, you will need to create an addon. The good news is, it should be possible to do it in such a way that nobody but you (the mission maker) ever needs the addon, as the mission.sqm never references cfgGroups, only cfgVehicles. smile_o.gif

ahhhh i got it

now the only bad thing is i get an error message when starting the game

size: "required addons/" not an array

can you tell me how i can fix this problem?

requiredAddons = {"ace_config_men", "ace_config_vehicle", "six_config_men", "six_config_vehicle"};

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

requiredAddons[] = {"ace_config_men", "ace_config_vehicle", "six_config_men", "six_config_vehicle"};

wink_o.gif

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

requiredAddons[] = {"ace_config_men", "ace_config_vehicle", "six_config_men", "six_config_vehicle"};

wink_o.gif

thx alot but

nope this is not working too but i will better post this problem in the configs thread ...

under groups config hope you have a look at it!