Sign in to follow this  
bladebarrier

Solo/Duo Server Setup - Warfare

Well, I really have no idea about how to set up a server, etc....

The ArmA server will run on a generic Vista x64 quad core 3.0, that will also serve as my gaming platform while playing.

What I'm looking for is a basic description on how to set up a personal ArmA server on my computer that would allow for Warfare to be played solo, or with a buddy. My connection would never allow for more than a few slots (standard dsl), but I'd like to be able to run a host off of my rig for just a couple players, but have the AI going at it continuously.

Maybe I'm in over my head, but I'm hoping that someone out there runs a similar type of set, and could share the basic steps on how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Barrier

I'm doing what your wanting.

I purchased FireDaemon Trinity to use for all my services.

I simply copied my ArmA directory to.. (can be anywhere), and named it ArmA Server. I use the FD tool to load the arma_server.exe to run as a service, and pinned it to 1 cpu core.

Inside the ArmA Server folder, I created a Server.CFG file with the basic server options, i.e......server name, motd, a password to keep it private....ect ect.

Server.CFG Sample

Mine works great on a simple 512kb upload on DSL with no more than 5-6 other members. But notice in my sig, I'm using Raid-0 with 10,000rpm harddrives.