Sign in to follow this  
Specter

check which side killed someone

Is it possible to check who killed how many members of a different side? as in "killedby"?

what i want to do is have a script activating whenever one of two factions shoot a civilian and after a certain number of dead civilians i want a script to run that arms the civilians and sets them hostile to the faction that hits the kill-counter first...

Hi, that might be a big script to ask someone to do...but if I know how I would do it for you.

Also you might check into count commands in the Command Reference for OFP..

Like count units in this list or something?

-----

Also

-----

Try this buddy..

Countenemy

Click that link, that might help you for part of the script..

At mission start init a counter variable for each side and the kills limit:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">counterWest = 0;

counterEast = 0;

civDeathLimit = 4;

Then give each each civilian a killed eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addeventhandler ["killed", {_this execVM "civkilled.sqf";}];

civkilled.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">private["_killer","_currVal"];

_killer = _this select 1;

_currVal = 0;

if(side _killer == west || side _killer == east) then {

_currVal = call (compile format["counter%1 = counter%1 + 1; counter%1", side _killer]);

if(_currVal == civDeathLimit) then {

[side _killer] execVM "armCivilians.sqf";

// remove the following 2 lines if you want the civs to be able to go mad at more than one faction

// an alternative to setting all counters higher than the limit, is to remove the "killed"-ehs from the remaining civ units.

counterWest = 5;

counterEast = 5;

};

};

In the script 'armCivilians.sqf' you can go on now on your own, with arming them and telling them to attack the new enemys ( the value (_this select 0) holds the side that reached the limit). The command 'setFriend' doesn't seem to have any effects on the civilian side, but you can order a civ unit to attack a single target with the command 'doFire'.

At mission start init a counter variable for each side and the kills limit:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">counterWest = 0;

counterEast = 0;

counterGuer = 0;

civDeathLimit = 4;

Then give each each civilian a killed eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addeventhandler ["killed", {_this execVM "civkilled.sqf";}];

civkilled.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

private["_killer","_currVal"];

_killer = _this select 1;

{

_currVal = 0;

if(format["%1",side _killer] == _x) then {

_currVal = call (compile format["counter%1 = counter%1 + 1; counter%1", _x]);

};

if(_currVal == civDeathLimit) then {

[_x] execVM "armCivilians.sqf";

// remove the following 3 lines if you want the

// civs to be able to go mad at more than one faction

// an alternative to setting all counters higher than the limit, is to remove the "killed"-ehs from the remaining civ units.

counterWest = 5;

counterEast = 5;

counterGuer = 5;

};

} forEach ["WEST","EAST","GUER"];

In the script 'armCivilians.sqf' you can go on now on your own, with arming them and telling them to attack the new enemys ( the value (_this select 0) holds the side that reached the limit). The command 'setFriend' doesn't seem to have any effects on the civilian side, but you can order a civ unit to attack a single target with the command 'doFire'.

Nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

On the civ-side not attacking, yeah I know that but I was thinking about placing the civilian units under guer, set guer friendly to all at the beginning and then use your script.

And as far as I understand your script from reading it once, I just drop the "counterGuer = 0;" from the init. Is that correct?

the entry "GUER" from array in the last the line as well.

Check my post above, I edited it for your needs and shortened it a bit