Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Strange Problem

I've got a very strange problem. I've been playing ArmA since it's release and I've never had this problem or heard of it before.

I did a fresh install of Windows XP recently. I reinstalled ArmA and updated it to version 1.15. I installed the ACE Mod and the FDF Mod.

When I get into any helicopter and start it up, as soon as it gets an inch off the ground it rolls over to the right. It does it when I'm running regular ArmA with no mods, it does it when I run the ACE Mod, BUT, it doesn't do it when I run the FDF Mod.

It's as if I'm hammering down on the D key. I've checked my controls and everything seems to be fine there. When I try a regular wheeled vehicle, it doesn't try to stear to the right.

I can't figure this out, if anyone had any information on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Joystick?

You haven't mentioned anything about a joystick or an external controller.

Even if you don't have/use a controller, switch OFF joystick in the ArmA Controls menu and see it that helps.

I'm not using a joystick or controller. I remember seeing that setting and I'm pretty sure I turned it off, I'll have to double check it. Thanks.

I uninstalled the 1.15 patch and everything worked fine. I reinstalled the 1.15 patch and everything worked fine. It must have been some wierd problem that came from installing the 1.15 patch the first time.

I've got the same problem. My joystick just doesn't work with 1.15 now for some reason. I've never had a problem with my stick before until doing this 1.15 beta.

This needs to be looked at.

I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

There's a couple of new turning commands you can look at the bindings for in the configuration thing. There's turn left and right 'absolute' and turn left and right 'more'. I would make sure nothing is bound to those. Also I would make sure that your turn controls aren't mismapped to your throttle slider or something.

still not solved

i reapplied the patch and still not working on either version so now i can't use my joystick at all