Sign in to follow this  
nfsx

Adding more to the plane?

How to add more bombs or missile's to an aircraft.Can it be done with script if so how?

I use the Tomcat f14..

If u plan to do it via script insted of via config i'm afraid u're not working on an addon so that might not be the wright place for such question, btw, have u tried with addMagazine?

Basicly i want to add more bombs to the F14 tomcat but yea.

I tried the addmagazine but it said an error it cant find the magazine in config something

Are you adding a different type of weapon than what it normally comes equipped with? Also, I haven't used it, but have you looked into Mando's Missles as a script-focused addon?

yes diffrent weapon i am trying to add

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you can't addMagazine to a vehicle that isn't configured to use that weapon. For example, I don't think you can configure a M1A1 to fire out... GBUs instead of shells, for example. So I believe the only way you could get the different loadout would be to edit the config for the plane.

What if i would add more weapons (now max 2 i would add 5 ) the same bomb that was for the aircraft(f/a 18 by franze)

I can add bombs via arming menu but the numbers are limited max 2 per station..

Offtopic> Possible to add FLIR/thermal imaging to aircraft?If so how.. cheers!

FLIR/Thermal if I'm not mistaken is a config thing too. I don't know about increasing maximum capacity, but I'm pretty sure that is also a config issue.

You can 'addMagazine' and 'addWeapon' to every unit or vehicle, at least vehicle weapons can be added. Check their classname on the biki.

Someone should edit the F/A 18 by franze its just too weak.Again

i don't want to diss someone but its very very unrealistic.Planes have maximum capacity but thats nothing compared to a real deal the real plane.So I say fix it Franze!! biggrin_o.gif

Flames too are just models..lol

If your using the IkaR's F14, then all the weapons are scripted as it has a multi weapon load out.

without having access to the MLOD's your not going to be able to incease the current weapons on the F14.

But you can edit the config and add more weapons they just won't appear on the aircraft as you see it etc.

Tell me what you think is missing and I might be able to add it to the next F14 release.

Southy

Porting the aircraft carrier from crysis would be awesome becouse they have great detail..

For the F14 Eble i think it needs to be able to carry more load.

Arming menu like Franze has done for his f18

Porting the aircraft carrier from crysis would be awesome becouse they have great detail..

For the F14 Eble i think it needs to be able to carry more load.

Arming menu like Franze has done for his f18

Franze's F18 scripts run to something 3000 lines and I'm not going to get that sort of time to re-write those to the F14.

I know he's working on something else, so expect a new addon down the track with the weapon loadout screen I guess.

Unless someone in the community is able to make a generic weapon system then I can't see it happening.

Until then feel free to request different weapons, as the next version of the F14 will be worked on shortly.

Southy