Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

Disabling subtitles with addon

Hi

We are using the ECS addon, but somehow the subtitles thingy remains persistant. The quiet.pbo removes the voices, and nodeathmessages removes the kill messages on the server. But the "Name Position BB08" is a bit of a giveaway when playing with revive. Also I really don't want to be sure an enemy is actually dead, maybe hes just wounded badly. Adds to suspension and our willingness to use ammo.

Turning off subtitles in the difficulty screen only seems to work in singleplayer mode.

So, I guess there is something in the ECS addon that turns this thing on. Where can I find it, or how can I make an addon that we can use that turns this thing off as we want it?

Or does there exist a server setting that turns it off regardless of addons used?

donnow how coud it be implemented in an addon, but in simple scripting its: enableRadio false. This disables all radio chat messages voice and text, allowing player to use their radio commands, wich will be heard but not shown. Notice the effect of that command is local, so it has to be executed on every client. I use to add a line with it in the init file of my missions, simply ensure every player executes that line.

It's the setting ECS_public10, set it to 'false' on the server to turn off the additional chat text messages. Changing it on the client machine is ineffective as the server overwrites the ecs_public settings of all clients, unless you're hosting a game on your local computer,

In this file:       @ECS\bin\ECS_public.hpp

change it to     ECS_public10[] = {false};