Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Warefare doctrines and tactics

Hi i didn't see anything like this and Im wondering how many different strategies and tactics and little special moves and load outs do people use when playing warefare?  smile_o.gif

My early game tactic as a grunt is to gear up with Pk and Rpg or m249 and At-4 also a silenced handgun can come in handy sometimes when you are sneaking around a town or other CQB area where there are many enemies patroling or moving around from say outside factories and such...

you only need 2 mags of machinegun ammo and then you have space for 4 rockets.. problem is it only works if you join the game before people got air cause then its much more tricky to stop them choppers and A-10's biggrin_o.gif

As a Commander I buy barracks and light factory first and then I get into the fighting for a while and then return for heavy and air factories. Its also important to get artillery up if you join a team where no artillery has been bought it can be a good idea to get the edge by buying one.

Also what do you guys do with defenses? how many and what types? Does anyone bother with M2's when you can have mk12's and AA launchers?

And how often do you move HQ?

Build up as much money as i can quickly with the L85/Law then grab me an Apache! wink_o.gif

I quite like starting out with silenced weapons, the AI dont hear you taking them out its fun. Later on i build up mixed squads of inf and armour and slowly walk to the objective replacing men as they get killed. I find this slow moving wall tactic works quite well.

Apache? What warefare mod has apaches?  wow_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Mine  smile_o.gif

I have done various UK versions for our clan on :-

Ofp World (island hoping ftw)

ACE Everon beta4-RBT/WACO Versions

South Sahrani

Using stalkers UK troops for players/barracks/AI

UK weps in buy screen/loadouts

The Sun landies-light factory

Map Air - aircraft factory

Binoculars and Artillery. Lots and lots of artillery. I also like the helicopters, some good stealthy flying and an AT12 or Hellfire can be a game winner.

When commanding:

Defending the base whilst keeping as much communication with the players out "on the front" and providing arty where it's most needed. (just wish multiple arty groups could target different points as in CoC UA in OFP). Creating your own supply lines as a commander is also a must, boosts your towns and provides a decent source of income.

Using the map is a must so that you can coordinate attacks on enemy cities, if your with a decent group who actually communicate this can prove very successful.

As one of the grunts:

Keep the commander informed of important enemy troop and armour movements and ask for orders, if you just go of on your own your not going to do the team any good. If the commander asks you to do something, do it when your finished where you are, or if you are in transit immediately.

Weapons wise I'm normally happy to stick to basic M16A2 or Ma16A2/203 with an m136 or javvie

over I just think the key to sucess is having good comunications between the commander and the troops and a commander knowing as much as possible so they can divert AI etc if need be. Commanders shouldn't have to leave the base to fight unless in defense of the base imo

whats like the best BO ( build order ) as a CO?

To get the game rolling as fast as possible smile_o.gif

I've found keeping your self limited to the barracks until your forces have to pull long treks from base or the town. The rest should only be bought once you have enough supplies to start from scratch again if you have to move the MHQ in a hurry.

Basically the order in which they are in, the further afield you have to go on an offensive from base the more support your force will need determines what you need to build.

I've found building airbases however is a waste of supplies if there's only one person using it as they can't support all your troops.

Again with all of this is the importance of strong supply routes, CO's should keep in touch with their people in the towns as while the town may be captured there are probably tons of the sneaky gits (read as: RACS) still around for instance, I spent a good 30mins - 1.5 hours trying to secure dolores today with some of the other teams after it was captured.

If there is a chance your supply trucks can be damaged don't risk it.

summary: build what you want when you want if it's needed :P so long as you have the supplies to make a retreat from the HQ's current position possible.

Another point i neglected to mention, keep your troops financed, you may need money as a CO to build the base up but ultimately if combat is slow they need money to get themselves kit to make life easier.

Most games i see people throwing more money to the commander than into equipping themselves to carry out their orders or objectives. That, and it is always good to keep the troops happy with you :P

I learned the hard way that dense forests can really be a ***** to attack a enemy base in.

Especially the parts in the north east where there is very dense forest in between the mountains and trying a infantery or tank aproach or even a air aproach is suicidial tounge2.gif

I think I and another guy attacked the opfor forest base or the remains of it like 30 times until we got them, and it was pure luck due to me taking a kamov and flying around and wondering how they could be hitting us at corazol when their base was so far off from cora, it turned out they had built a base in the mountains east of ortego too and after it had been crushed I got killed by a lone A.I AA soldier and i spawned back at our north east mountains base and took off in a new kamov and discovered some random postioned m1 tanks, took them out but they took me out too biggrin_o.gif

the end came to them when they rushed their MHQ past corazol outside our base and i spawned at one of the corazol camps and saw it drive by, i just grabbed my Rpg and shot 3 shots until i got it due to them stopping it cause they prob. thought It was a aircraft or chopper shooting heatseeking missiles. whistle.gif