Sign in to follow this  
Hawk666

SWAT mod

Hi,

I'm a fan of the SWAT series and since this series seem to be dead (currently no further development) I was just thinking if the Arma(2) engine could be used for such a mod.

But probably it is not possible due to the need to micromanage the AI and the engine is no so powerful indoors?

What do the experienced modders think?

Check the FFN MOD m8 + use it with SWAT 1.2 from SWAT guy + add entry tools = "SWAT MOD"

Since ArmA 2 isn't out it's hard to know for sure. If that's what your asking about.

Yeah as maza says, the FFN mod would work well for indoor tactics. The ai does a pretty good job of working a building.

Thanks a lot for the links guys...was unaware of the FFN mod completely!

But never the less: The question is, if the ArmA engine is capable to simulate non-lethal action like SWAT4.

I think the main problem is, that the engine is not so suitable for indoor action (open/close door, positioning of AI etc.). I am right? The FFN videos looks sometimes regarding indor CQB a little funny ('ghosts' which can move through walls etc.)

I don't want to ask for solutions, just if the guys, who have a lot of experience with the engine/script think, that this could be handled by the engine

OFP/Arma... games have horrible path finding for AI, too big terrains, open space

they are not engines for such games, SP mod like this is problematic on such engines

we can make police units addons, but this engine is for open-space infantry/motorised infantry battles

you can play police-type missions in MP but in SP , this game has no proper AI , cause constructed for other type of gaming, not standing and hiding behide wall wink_o.gif