Sign in to follow this  
madrussian

Mouse-Auto-Center Defeated!!!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  OK then, hopefully this will help. smile_o.gif

If you are having any trouble getting this addon working, best thing is to make sure it is running correctly before you even start up ArmA.

Open your Game Controllers window.  Make sure that "Parallel Port Joystick 1" is the only item in the list, like this:

gamecontrollerswindowwo9.jpg

If there are other items in the list, start unplugging all your other game controllers for now until "Parallel Port Joystick 1" is the only item in the list.  This will ensure ArmA will be using your virtual joystick.

Next open the properties for "Parallel Port Joystick 1".  Then open GlovePIE and run the script provided with this addon (using the big green run button).  Click on the Var tab (third one over).  At this point the windows you have open should look something like this:

emactoggledoffrn7.jpg

Move the mouse around, noting that none of the variables change.  Note that state=0, meaning that the mouse-auto-center eliminator is currently toggled off.  Note that joyX=0, which means your virtual joystick's X-axis is not currently affected.

Now press the TAB key once.  The state variable should change to 1.  At this point, moving your mouse left and right will change the joyX value, which is being mapped to virtual joystick's X-axis.  Most importantly, note in your "Parallel Port joystick 1 properties" window, your virtual joystick should be moving!  <- This is how we overcome mouse-auto-center!

Your screen should look something like this now:

emactoggledonya1.jpg

Now, can someone please let me know how things are coming getting this working?  (Thanks to rundll.exe and 4 IN 1 for reporting btw, and thanks to everyone for the interest in this topic.)

I really have spent a lot of time thinking about how to eliminate mouse-auto-center, devising a program that gets the job done, assembling the readme and release, and then coming out here to try and help you guys get it working.  It would really suck if it turns out I am the only one in the ArmA world actually using it!

Perhaps, the reality is that everyone is getting it up and running based on my outstanding readme instructions (doubt that! rofl.gif ) and thus poor rundll.exe and 4 IN 1 are the only ones with reason to visit the forum for help?!?

In closing, if people are simply choosing not to use this addon for whatever reason, could you please at least extend the courtesy of letting me know why?  (i.e. too complicated, afraid of installing PPjoy and running GlovePIE, maybe some people actually love mouse-auto-center tounge2.gif , maybe something else all-together?)

Truth is your feedback will help me make this addon better and hopefully create even better addons in the future. smile_o.gif

Thx for the dedication you put into this.

I will not give up yet, but I did several google searches already, and noone seems to have the solution (or even the cause)

Ill report back later

Me again

I finally managed to get PPjoy installed. Dont ask me how, but just today I thought: lets try it all again, and now there we no problems at all. I didnt change anything in the meantime except for updating my video drivers...

Installing the virtual joystick was a bit weird, with some windows errors, but after a restart, all worked!

So now im driving around without Autocenter yay.gif but it takes some time to get used to it I think. Also I might need to tweak the range value a bit. Now Its quite agressive: when leaving the center position, it allmost goes immediately to full steering.

@rundll.exe

Good to hear! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, mine was also way too aggressive, early on.  I just kept fine tuning the range, and now it works great.  Based on what you are reporting, just keep increasing the range until mouse-auto-center starts rearing it's ugly head again.  Then back the range off in small increments (to the point MAC disappears again), and you should have a finely tuned mouse-auto-center elimination with the ability to steer easily!

Do let me know how it comes out... I'm anxious to hear it! smile_o.gif