Sign in to follow this  
Viper169th

Viper Artillery

Hi, thanks for this great addon - getting even more professional with each revision.

One quick query though - in the earlier versions the readme.txt explained (i think?) how to add the facitlity to spot for units other than the included Viper Arty Obs - I've lost the file and notice the newer versions of the readme omit this detail - can you please tell me what line to add to the unit's init ? Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]Hi, thanks for this great addon - getting even more professional with each revision.

One quick query though - in the earlier versions the readme.txt explained (i think?) how to add the facitlity to spot for units other than the included Viper Arty Obs - I've lost the file and notice the newer versions of the readme omit this detail - can you please tell me what line to add to the unit's init ? Cheers.

Hi Guttersnipe,

D30:

calartE = this addAction ["Call D30 Support","Vip_d30if\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

M119:

calart = this addAction ["Call M119 Support","Vip_M119IF\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

Mortars West:

calMW = this addAction ["Call Mortar Support","\Vip_l16\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

Mortars East:

"calME = this addAction ["Call Mortar Support","\Vip_l16E\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

Mortars RACS:

calMG = this addAction ["Call Mortar Support","\Vip_l16G\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

I'm glad you guys are having fun with it  smile_o.gif

I'll add this back in a future version right now pretty tied down home life so this will be my last version for a week or two, I'll check back to see the comments .....I'm trying to make this realistic but simple interface thats why Snoop made it plug and play for the new people that never played ofp's U/A 1.1  wink_o.gif

I thinking of looking into villas east arty for mobile units I'll have to rework the scripts for that I asked him he seemed ok with it but I wanted theses unit fixed before I worked on that part "moving arty = new problems to solve" LOL

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S. Thanks to everyone hosting this addon on your sites

Quote[/b] ]P.S. Thanks to everyone hosting this addon on your sites

With pleasure happen, only we also became to us about an entry in your first post are glad. (Armaholic.com, ArmedAssault.info & ePrison.de)

Thanks for your Time and work...

Regards,

Stavanger

Hi Everyone,

I was just checking to see if anyone was having any problems with the units, or any suggestions. I'll probably have alittle time to work on this in a couple days. I am just looking for feedback to improve this addon if anyone knows someone that is willing to convert this to multiplayer have them pm me.  smile_o.gif

Sincerely,

Viper

Quote[/b] ]Hi, thanks for this great addon - getting even more professional with each revision.

Hi Guttersnipe,

D30:

M119:

Mortars West:

Mortars East:

"calME = this addAction ["Call Mortar Support","\Vip_l16E\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

Mortars RACS:

I'm glad you guys are having fun with it  smile_o.gif

I'll add this back in a future version right now pretty tied down home life so this will be my last version for a week or two, I'll check back to see the comments .....I'm trying to make this realistic but simple interface thats why Snoop made it plug and play for the new people that never played ofp's U/A 1.1  wink_o.gif

I thinking of looking into villas east arty for mobile units I'll have to rework the scripts for that I asked him he seemed ok with it but I wanted theses unit fixed before I worked on that part "moving arty = new problems to solve" LOL

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S. Thanks to everyone hosting this addon on your sites

Do we just put this thing into the units' init?

Because I tried and it didn't work...

Hi Lugiahua,

I tried it out on different units it works ok you must of done something wrong heres the list again put it in exactly like I placed here and any unit can use the artillery.

D30:

M119:

Mortars West:

Mortars East:

calME = this addAction ["Call Mortar Support","\Vip_l16E\scripts\callarty.sqs"]

Mortars RACS:

Remember to use the line like this

don't place anything else in it accept for werapon changes ect.. are you using extended event handler too?

it requires it to work units are found under  viper artillery, viper mortars, and viper men

Viper

Hi ck-claw,

No one ever contacted me confused_o.gif I would love to make this multi but my scripting is limited if anyone wants they can convert it to multiplayer just make sure all credits going to the people responsible for helping me to get this addon going. I had to take a break on working on it family life. I hope everyone has enjoyed playing around with the addon. I actually learned alot more about scripting as I tweeked and got help from snoop and vo.2.

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S.

If anyone has found any bugs let me know I'll fix them asap

Thanks, it works for me now

But I have another question:

In the old Chop Arty script, the "Round" setting was for each gun.

For example: If I set 6 rounds, then every gun fire six time and stop.

(A 6 guns battery would then fire 36 rounds in total)

But in your version, it seems the round setting was for every gun altougther.

So if I set 6 rounds, and there are six guns, every gun only fire once. (A 6 guns battery only fire 6 rounds in total)

Thus the strike is much less powerful than Chop's version

In the end when I used up all 150 "rounds", there are still a lot of ammo in the battery wasted, because AIs refused to fire.

I checked every gun, only the leader gun used up all it's ammo.

Not sure it is a feature or a bug, but I just mention it...

and there is a small resquest I had for long time in mind:

Is it possible for the the spotter to set the striking radius?

Sometimes I have a huge amount of arty supports(more than 3 batteries)

I hope the spotter can set a larger radius to attack more targets in one strike.

Hi Lugiahua,

I did the rounds that way because after 20 rounds it mess up the voice overs if you use the right rounds for the target you can take out a tank platoon or small city with 20 rounds you can add more rounds in the editor look at the example template you should see M119_rounds=150 rounds you can change that upto 300 I believe I made it this way for mission designers to have more control over the amount of artillery available to the spotter per mission remember the spot round doesn't take away from count but it does make you lose 1 round in the salvo. I changed it to each round to make it more precise lets say you have 20 rounds the old way you had 20 salvos not rounds + you can add more rounds to the units with simple addmagazine command but you'll also have to update with this "M119_rounds=150 rounds" it will increase the # you can fire to 150 rounds again.   wink_o.gif  I hope this helps you out some heres a list of the ammo:

M119

"Vip_100Rnd_105mmHE_M119" =325

D30

"Vip_100Rnd_122mmHE_D30" =325

L116 Mortar E

"Vip_llw_l16E"  =100

L116 Mortar W

"Vip_llw_l16W" =100

L116 Mortar G

"Vip_llw_l16G" =100

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S. the only way I know to change the radius is to change the AI skill levels the smarter the tighter the radius. I have radius I believe around 100-150 meters for the M119 and D30, and the mortars around 50 - 100 meters in radius.

Viper, thanks for your mod, effort and assistance.

I'm building a quick battle generator and I'm using your Viper artillery to deliver fire missions (and cool radio messages) from the mission script. This works (I'll happily send you the .sqs scripts) but I'm running into two issues:

- radio messages and hints are played to the player even if the player is part of the opposing force (an OPFOR fire mission generates radio traffic to the BLUFOR player). Would you be able to make these hints and 'say's conditional to the player being of the same side in a next revision?

- D30/M119 DPICM rounds seem ineffective, except against soft skinned targets

In addition, an ability to perform area (rather than point) fire missions would be great.

Hi William,

are you trying to make this multiplayer ? The reason it is giving you thoses hints is because it is tied to the player rather then a unit I believe all the scripts would have to be reworked to achieve what you are looking for in that. If you want to make the dpicm's more powerful increase the radius and the hit on them. you have my permission smile_o.gif I really don't have time to work on this anymore if you have any questions you can pm me i check on here every couple days.

example:

class VIP_HEAP : G_40mm_HE

{

model = "\ca\Weapons\granat";

hit = 340;

indirectHit = 12; change to 25

indirectHitRange = 5;change to 15

visibleFire = 16;

audibleFire = 18;

visibleFireTime = 3;

explosive = 1;

cost = 10;