Sign in to follow this  
Stewy

Standlone soldier config+tex?

G'day guys,

I'm just working on my Latvian project and I was wondering how can I get a soldier model to be standalone and have it's own inherent textures -

Repaint mods have been coming out since day one of ArmA - but is it a config thing, or an O2 thing?

I was looking for a single standalone solder of either the West Machine Gunner (sleeves down, helmet and gloves) or the West team leader (sleeves down, helmet, no gloves) that I can do some renaming and editing of the Config to make the Latvian troops standalone...

Sorry for the nooblet question - I'm a but lost - but I have a few texture ideas in the pipe so you know what they say, teach a man to fish... smile_o.gif

Cheers

Stew

have a look at granQs lithuanian UN troops. Thats the one i took apart and learned from. Its a great addon.

Thanks for your help, Wld - that config for me is impossible to understand! tounge2.gif But I had a look at another config and that seems easier to work out smile_o.gif

I've asked for permission to modify and will keep you posted wink_o.gif

BTW - is there a list somewhere that outlines the character models for the default troops - West Machine Gunner, West Sniper, etc? That's all guesswork for me at the moment smile_o.gif

Thanks again for your help - I'll keep you posted smile_o.gif

Stew

I am willing to help you.

1st check list, make sure you have the following:

BI Editing Tool Suit

^^^install this and make sure you have the P drive

In the P drive, there is a folder called CA, Un pbo your arma directory and place the folders in there.

SAMPLE MODELS UN-BIN

Ok, have a look around in there for a model you like.

Reply to this thread each step and I will help you out