Sign in to follow this  
mig1.44

setting empty vehicle or house as target

Hi there,

is it possible to set an empty vehicle or even an object (house,fence ) as target? so you can target it with the

Tab key.

greetz mig1.44

I dont tink you can use the tab key but you can use the menu on the right top of you screen to select it from there.

Thats not really the solution i was looking for.

Imagine you're flying in an A-10 over an airfield and have to select every plane via radio menu to fire your Mavericks or whatever.

No i was looking for something to put in the init line.

But thanks anyway.

Could try something

At least in Ofp, vehicles that were created in the editor, which are 'pre' manned would end up still showing enemy or friendly even after they were empty (think anyhow)

Could try it at least - just put down whatever vehicle u want that comes pre-manned in the editor, kill the occupants via script/init, and see if it still shows as a valid enemy target?

That does not cover buildings and such of course. This is just an idea, very easy to test of course.

I cant imagine its possible to set a static type object to a side either, because they are under 'empty' side, only thing I could think of, is what might happen if a script at a certain point 'forced' player target 'object', and see if it does put the object up as the current target, but of course this would fail in selecting a new target manually if a danger came up or whatever.

You can put a man on the map. which laser designate the empty vehicle. may it even works as a logic.