Sign in to follow this  
exe

Ppl unable to join my server i make using gamespy

Right at 1 point i could make a server in gamespy launch it and ppl could join, and we would have fragging fun. Now tho i launch a game but only i manage to connect, no 1 else can get in for some reason. Dunno why.

Im using win xp and op flashpoint works fine on 1 player, the thing that may course the prob is that i have 2 pcs on lan sharing a blueyonder cable connection. I know that u can't got on gamespy arcade when sharing the same connection. But I still can't get ppl to connect to the server even if the other pc that shares the connection is doing a completely different task or is not even active. If someone plz reply to me or email me at daexe@blueyonder.co.uk

thx for ur time

If yer sharing a connect, you have a router or some type of ICS software. Either way, you'll have to open ports and create port forwading rules sending gamespy and opflash traffic to the IP of the PC that is acting as a server.

How to do this, I can't help you with..Everyone has different equipment and software. Dig around using a search engine and the docs for your gear. You'll figure it out.

Gamespy Arcade

If you are behind a firewall and are able to change its settings,

Arcade needs the following ports open in order to function

(more ports might also be necessary in order to run certain games).

Unless specified otherwise, the TCP ports are:

6667 (IRC)

80 (HTTP)

3783 (Voice Chat Port)

27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)

28900 (Master Server List Request)

29900 (GP Connection Manager)

29901 (GP Search Manager)

13139 (Custom UDP Pings)

2234,2302,6073 Ports OFP needs open in order to host a server.

look I have same problem

Win Xp, (xp's firewall activated) no router

It wouldnt let no one to connect while I can connect fine to everyone. As my machine is dual boot when I load 98 (with firewall on) I can host. Someone help us

fixed it, as i thought it would be due to my 2 pcs sharing a connection. So what i did is disable the connect for the other pc so it couldn't share the connection of this pc. Then i hosted a game in gamespy to test it with just a guy i asked to help me quickly. And it worked and ran fine like it did in the old days. =] I would still like EchoFive to contact me because he will probably know how to open another port so my other pc can still share a cable connection while i still am able to host ofp games on this port it needs to work.

thx for the reply btw echo, and also the guy who had the same problem because this won't only help me but urself and many others who will get similar problems.

Hi, i have a router and usually both computers are on the internet at all times. My Question: Is it possible for me to host games in GS while the other computer is playing it's own game(example startcraft online). Please tell me if this is possible since my dream is to host a damn game of OFP!! smile.gif

Exe, I'm not goin near ICS issues on grounds that I may kill myself if I do . I Hate ICS, Damn ICS, I don't wanna know about ICS. Buy a router, lol.

Ya BK, you can do what you ask with a router and port forwarding rules, as long as the ports Starcraft, Opflash, and GS need don't overlap.

wahoo this is great!! smile.gif But i have know idea how to set the forwarding rules....like what to put where. I will post a screenie of the form later so you can maybe help me. I have to go now

I have had two Linksys, BEFSR41 (4 Port Switch on the LAN, 1 WAN port for DSL or Cable), and a BEFSR11, basically the same thing, but with only one port on the LAN side. Note these are physical ports I'm referring to, not TCP/IP ports.

I don't like the Linksys because you have to drop and re-establish your connect if you open or close ports in the router config..Very annoying, especially if you are on a Dynamic IP.

Also, I had issues with the Linksys firmware getting corrupted frequently. To fix it, you would have to re-flash the firmware (kinda like a BIOS upgrade on yer mobo), which wipes your config out, so you have to set the router up again. Also very annoying. I've read in various forums that lots of folks have probs like this.

Thirdly, if you do happen to need their Support, Netgear isn't great,  but Linksys support is nonexistent.

One of these routers I gave to a friend, the other I'm selling to an unwitting victim for 1/2 off retail.  tounge.gif

I bought a Netgear RT311, and couldn't be happier. Very stable, can make port changes without dropping the connect, and the only time its been down is when I've taken it down.

So my .02, buy  a Netgear RT311 or RT314 (very similar), or whatever Netgear is selling that represents the new model of either of these two. If you do buy one of these models, make sure you visit the Netgear website, download  and install the latest greatest firmware revision for your model. The early firmware thats installed in a lot of the retail package stuff doesn't have all the features enabled...like port forwarding, lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EchoFive USMC @ Mar. 05 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have had two Linksys, BEFSR41 (4 Port Switch on the LAN, 1 WAN port for DSL or Cable),<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the exact same one i have right now. I never had a problem with it yet smile.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EchoFive USMC @ Mar. 05 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I don't like the Linksys because you have to drop and re-establish your connect if you open or close ports in the router config..Very annoying, especially if you are on a Dynamic IP.

<span id='postcolor'>

What does this mean confused.gif

Right now when ever i host ... no one can see or join my room. Oh, and i think i heard there is some sort of firwall in the router? If yes, should i disable it or.... confused.gif

Since you had the same router, can you please tell me where to change what  confused.gif   please

Thank you smile.gif

shagy_man@hotmail.com

Its all in yer manual, you just gotta read it. If you don't have it, you can download it at the linksys site. Everything you need to know is in that manual and on the support page for that router on the linksys site.