Sign in to follow this  
lonck

How can we change vehicle ammo capacity?

I want to change the ammo capacity of basically all vehicles though air vehicles are a priority. Anybody knows the files I need to change?

class Car: LandVehicle

{

transportMaxMagazines = 10000; //50;

transportMaxWeapons = 10000; //10;

};

If you want to change the amount of ammunition they have, you have a few choices.

The easiest is to use addMagazine in the editor.

If it is for an addon, then you can directly add magazines by editing their turrets class under the vehicles entry in cfgVehicles. Just add the magazines to the list <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">magazines[] = {"magname", "magname"}; etc

If you don't want to do that, you can change the number of rounds in the magazine by editing the cfgMagazines entry. Just set the number to the number you want in a magazine <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">count = 10;

Also be aware that editing the BIS classes is a generally frowned-on practice, esp. if you are going to release the addon.

I am having a problem with cfgmags though.  It doesn't seem to work.  Here is what I do:  Unpack weapons.pbo using PboView.exe.  Unpack config.bin with unRap.  Modify cfgmags using notepad++, then delete config.bin and pack folder into a new weapons.pbo (original is moved to another folder).  But when I start the game nothing has changed.  What am I doing wrong?

that pretty much depends on what you change in CFG mags... it would be easier for us to help if you post up the config entry before and after you changed things.

I'm trying to increase the amount of ammo of vehicles.  I increased all counts using replace function to see if all weaps would be affected.  But they don't.