Sign in to follow this  
GIJOE94

scipt help

Hi all, does anyone know of a script which will enable the player or AI to be in an AI vehicle whilst not actually connected to the vehicle as a team mate? I'm trying to make a parachute mission but evrytime I jump I'm told to get back in the aircraft. Thanks for your time.

What you need to do, is to name the helicopter/plane (ill use plane1 for this example) and then write in the init line of the player <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this moveincargo plane1

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unassignVehicle

This command will make the player be no longer assigned to the vehicle.

You could attach it to an eventhandler for "getout" like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_vehicle addeventhandler ["GetOut",{if (isPlayer (_this select 2)) then {(_this select 2) unassignvehicle true};}];

go to OFPEC

www.ofpec.com

OR

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/

In the editors depot there are loads of scripts and even some parachute ones. these are all already written for you and in many cases have example missions that you can just copy and paste.

I don't want to put you down but for the verterans of OFP this is one of the oldest scripts in our collections.

In fact this was probably my first OFP scripting question. Once you see the years of material available at OFPEC your mission will have loads more to offer than just a para jump.

for example; there is even a script with a helo to boat rappel.

Or perhaps you want a Halo script where you freefall before deploying your parachute?

regards

Kendo

p.s. Good luck with the mission!!!