Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Random Vegitation Script?????

I was wondering if you kind people would know how to make or know of any Visitor 3 Scripts that produce random objects or something of the sort, as i have a v.v.v.large map in the works and i do not want to spend my massively busy life atm putting random objects on maps!

So my question is, does anybody know where i can get a Visitor Script that produes random objects?huh.gif?

Thanks in advance,

blackknight63

I was wondering if you kind people would know how to make or know of any Visitor 3 Scripts that produce random objects or something of the sort, as i have a v.v.v.large map in the works and i do not want to spend my massively busy life atm putting random objects on maps!

So my question is, does anybody know where i can get a Visitor Script that produes random objects?huh.gif?

Thanks in advance,

blackknight63

There is no script for that as i know off. However, i assume you are talking objects here and not clutter right? You can hoever abuse the forest scripts a bit. But i dont think you mean one object on different locations but a random sort of object in a random posiition right? Ur working on a realtime map generator?

Anyway, its not that hard to do mate, just click on an object. Place it at 6 different prositions, select them all and happy copy paste. Not sure what ya need it for but happy pasting mate wink_o.gifnener.gif

Pretty soon i go relese my plugin i wrote for l3dt. That would give a lot of functionality in l3dt instead of the use of visitor. I aint that in love with that tool:) I think you would be able to do it with my plugin.

Quote[/b] ] Place it at 6 different prositions, select them all and happy copy paste.
i dont think this looks natural

Why you dont just use the Random Object Placer script. Its exact this what you need.. you can load diffrent object types and natural&artificial objects.

If you post in the OFPEC forums, maybe you should read that.

BTW, the source of that file was here in these forums, so search would have worked also.

@Spirit and Ace:

Thank you for the replies and i am looking forward to seeing your L3DT plugin!!

I downloaded that and it works a treat, Thank you so much!!!

I did search and couldn't find anything so that is why i posted in here and the OFPEC forums!

Quote[/b] ] Place it at 6 different prositions, select them all and happy copy paste.
i dont think this looks natural

Why you dont just use the Random Object Placer script. Its exact this what you need.. you can load diffrent object types and natural&artificial objects.

Link doesnt work for me mate and the website is hard to read for me:) Can ya find it again?

Wasnt thinking of realism here, sounded more of a lot of random shit:)

Cheers for the link. That is usefull stuff!

Anyway about the plug in and scripting stuff i am busy with some idea's.

The thing about l3dt is that it generates stuff based on definition. So for snow to be in an area it is definined on where a material like snow would be.

Now the thing with vegetation can be quite simular. For example:

Define Tree A -> mark a p3d object.

Settings:

- Ground material : mud, grass (basicly ur mask)

- Minimum height : 200 m above sea level (example

- Maximum height : 500 m above sea level

- Density : 1 / 10 square meters (example on density)

- Max slobe (english word here???): Basicly if it goes down to fast or up , max and min setting.

Then a lot of more complex settings ... Not important to get the idea.

Define forest A

Tree A

Tree B

etc etc

BAsicly the group settings for combined layout.

Now you can generate the stuff based on the settings. So the right tree/forest, vegetation will be placed by the script based on your setting.

That in advance of the generation thingy here.