Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

looking for a script..

as topic sais, im looking for a script..

a script that i can activate in the init field of a AI soldier (note, AI not player) and that makes it act as a Forward Observer putting down artillery on spotted enemy targets.. preferably using the ammo from the D30 or M109 (depending on what side it´s on)..

i recon 4-5 shots for each call would be fine and only call every 2-3 minutes..

if i knew anything about scripting i could probably make this myself but since i dont i decided it´s better to ask..

1. wrong forum. There is a reason why we have an editing forum

2. Is it asked too much to add more info like what type of script you are looking for?

icon_rolleyes.gif

You could make a trigger covering the zone you wish artillery to fall and chose BLURFOR detected by OPFOR repeatedly and then in an artillery script you should be able to use _this select 0 as where the enemy were spotted in that zone to call shells to that point.

You could make a trigger covering the zone you wish artillery to fall and chose BLURFOR detected by OPFOR repeatedly and then in an artillery script you should be able to use _this select 0 as where the enemy were spotted in that zone to call shells to that point.

yeah, thought about that too...

but still when it comes to scripting i cant tell the difference between 1 and 0 :P

so what im trying to say is i dont know a shit about scripting and i was wondering if someone has a simple artillery script that i can use in my missions...

and after some thinking i change the request to a script thats activated by a trigger (X side detected by Y side) and that then drops some shells on the target with a "realistic" dispersion...

also, if possible the script could check if it has been activated in the last 1-2 minutes or any other time persiod of my choice (so that i dont get multiple calls in the same area for every enemy soldier detected wich then ofcourse makes the mission too hard/simple)

Well change the time zones in the trigger to something like 120 as min and then just chose anything you want for the other two this will insure that strikes won't be called in any more times then once in 2 minutes.

Then on activation I THINK should be

[this] exec "script.sqs"

In script.sqs you would have something like

_firePos = _this select 0

And then you could look at a different artillery script to see how they create the shells then just do that but make sure you tell them to create at _firePos as that would be the coordinates of the squad that was detected.