Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

CfgNonAIVehicles

I've added a fair few objects to my model as proxys for ease of use, and have come to the stage of configing them in. Now, I've also got proxy weapons as my main two weapons on the vehicle, but then I also have a few random objects like AT's, Jerry Cans, etc which are also on the model:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyWeapon;

class ProxyUKFHMG: ProxyWeapon {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_hmg";}

class ProxyUKFGPMG: ProxyWeapon {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_gpmg";}

};

Now, for proxy's that are not meant as weapons, what class do you use? Is it still ProxyWeapon, or is there such a thing as ProxyObject? All I could find on the wiki was ProxyWeapon and ProxyFlag.

Ta.

I don't think you have to inherit from any proxy, as long as the required properties are there. But class ProxyAmmoInTruck might be the best one to inherit from. Although simulation = "alwaysshow" is the important property.

It might be worth looking into class RandomShape? Only I'm not sure if it just applies to buildings or even works in Arma. But it would be a nice way of randomising the vehicles, if it did.

oddly, I had a feeling it might be your good self who'd answer me, thanks.

although bear with my ignorance, this is the first time I've worked with proxies other AI positions. Where would you place that simulation = "alwaysshow"?

this is my whole proxy entry, with my placeholder 'proxyobject' class:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyWeapon;

class ProxyObject;

class ProxyUKFHMG: ProxyWeapon {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_hmg";}

class ProxyUKFGPMG: ProxyWeapon {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_gpmg";}

class ProxyUKFFuel: ProxyObject {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\jerrycan";}

class ProxyUKFSUSAT: ProxyObject {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_susat";}

class ProxyUKFILAW: ProxyObject {model = "\ca\weapons\m136_launcher";}

};

Is it just a case of:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ProxyUKFFuel: ProxyObject {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\jerrycan"; simulation = "alwaysshow";}

class ProxyUKFSUSAT: ProxyObject {model = "\ukf_jackal_mwmik\ukf_susat"; simulation = "alwaysshow";}

class ProxyUKFILAW: ProxyObject {model = "\ca\weapons\m136_launcher"; simulation = "alwaysshow";}

and then of course using the proxyammointruck instead. The random object thing does sound nice. Does that just have a string of various proxies to choose from and then picks one as it pleases?

Yeah that looks ok, assuming your selections in O2 are named proxy.UKFFuel and so on. I haven't exhausted all the possible settings for proxies, so it might be worth experimenting with the different simulations to.

Quote[/b] ]Does that just have a string of various proxies to choose from and then picks one as it pleases?

In OFP, some buildings had entries in their configs with a list of alternate proxies to use. Mainly for random furniture, again not sure if they were actually used in the game, but they were there. I don't have the OFP configs now, so I can't check. But I can't find any references in Arma, so it may have been removed?

ah, thanks for pointing out that the proxy in the main p3d had to have the same name in the config... being an idiot.

super, thanks UNN

The random proxies sound highly interesting, I'll try and experiment with them and see what results I get. As you said, it would be a really nice way to clutter a vehicle, but not have every single one cluttered in the same fashion.

Quote[/b] ]The random proxies sound highly interesting, I'll try and experiment with them and see what results I get. As you said, it would be a really nice way to clutter a vehicle, but not have every single one cluttered in the same fashion.

I just noticed this property in class Randomshape:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">models[] = {};

Dunno if it's another proxy or a p3d, that goes in the list. Or even if it works. But either way, let us know how you get on.

Aye, shall do - I'm just getting the config written and the model.cfg and once its ingame and working I can start playing the the randomisation. Just a couple of other simple shapes to see if it works.

shall report back once I see how it works.

If the proxy isn't supposed to do anything special, like disappear during the game (i.e., it is just a normal visual part of the model), then you don't need to configure anything.

Only special proxies like missiles, crew members, or weapons (for people) need a config.

hmmm, thats good to know then biggrin_o.gif - shall be pestering Mark about that then... expert indeed whistle.gif

Anyone worked out what triggers the shadow on a proxy?

I noticed for example the GBU12 has a shadow (against the wing), but my bomb doesn't have a shadow yet I've gone to the same trouble with proxy p3d parameters and cpp definitions.

not sure. All I've done is create 3 or shadow lods in the proxy, and placed the proxy in the shadow lod of the host vehicle... shadows work fine.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Aug. 03 2008,08:32)]Anyone worked out what triggers the shadow on a proxy?

I noticed for example the GBU12 has a shadow (against the wing), but my bomb doesn't have a shadow yet I've gone to the same trouble with proxy p3d parameters and cpp definitions.

Make sure you have the shadow LoD in the proxy object.  and then add the bomb proxies you define int he model to the Shadow LOD of the plane.

Shadows work then.

and then add the bomb proxies you define int he model to the Shadow LOD of the plane.

hahahahaha ... duh! Stupid me.

Yep, Thanks Rock

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Aug. 04 2008,12:14)]
and then add the bomb proxies you define int he model to the Shadow LOD of the plane.

hahahahaha ... duh! Stupid me.

Yep, Thanks Rock

It happens to us all biggrin_o.gif

Glad it helped.

do you have to define missile proxies in the model.cfg somehow? Cuz if yes that could be the reason mine doesnt dissapear when i shoot it off.