Sign in to follow this  
EVIL-SCOTSMAN

lil bird problem

After applying patch 1.14, ever since then when firing the miniguns in the little bird/ AH6, US and RACS versions, the rotor/engine noise dissappears and re-appears about 10-15 seconds later after I have finished firing the minigun.

Is this a problem/bug or is this something that was implemented into the game with patch 1.14 ?

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled to see if the problem would go away, but no luck.  I dont have any mods installed at all except gambit, but when I uninstalled arma and gambit, I tested it out with just arma installed and the same thing happened, no rotor/engine sound in the little bird when firing its miniguns.

When Firing the miniguns, the engine/rotor sounds gently fade out and then gently fade back in about 10-15 seconds after I stop firing, could it be because their is no doors on that helo and the guns are close to the pilot that he gets slightly deafened by the firing of the guns thus not being able to hear the engine/rotor sounds for a few seconds ?  or am I totally wrong and its a bug...

Any Ideas anyone ?

thanks in advance

E.S

I can confirm this happens on my 1.14 install as well.

I didn't report it though.

I thought it had to do with the sound mod I was using.

Styxx

After applying patch 1.14, ever since then when firing the miniguns in the little bird/ AH6, US and RACS versions, the rotor/engine noise dissappears and re-appears about 10-15 seconds later after I have finished firing the minigun.

Is this a problem/bug or is this something that was implemented into the game with patch 1.14 ?

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled to see if the problem would go away, but no luck.  I dont have any mods installed at all except gambit, but when I uninstalled arma and gambit, I tested it out with just arma installed and the same thing happened, no rotor/engine sound in the little bird when firing its miniguns.

When Firing the miniguns, the engine/rotor sounds gently fade out and then gently fade back in about 10-15 seconds after I stop firing, could it be because their is no doors on that helo and the guns are close to the pilot that he gets slightly deafened by the firing of the guns thus not being able to hear the engine/rotor sounds for a few seconds ?  or am I totally wrong and its a bug...

Any Ideas anyone ?

thanks in advance

E.S

This is due to the high dynamic range sound engine in the game. It is analogous to the pilot's ears adapting to the very loud miniguns, as you say. If they are realistic levels, the miniguns are many times louder than the helicopter's engine. Obviously, it would be technically difficult and very unwise to try to capture such a range in sound volume levels as birds chirping and a tank cannon firing, just as a monitor can't capture the range of contrast that appears in nature. So, as with the high dynamic range graphics engine, BIS has programmed the player's virtual senses to adapt to different volumes in an attempt to simulate a real range of volumes. The cost is that when you experience something that's many times louder than something else, the quieter sound gets subdued.

Excellent explanation ! Add that to the manual

Cool, I thought it was a problem with my setup, but it is now obviously apart of the game, thanks for the explanation wink_o.gif

plantiff for president!!

Just knew that one was going in your sig! biggrin_o.gif

plantiff for president!!

Just knew that one was going in your sig!  biggrin_o.gif

It would be quite unfair of me to you if I had those other comments in my sig and I neglected this one.