Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

Warfare32V11_PIPV01

Nice I'll give it a try.

Mando's scripts really add to the immersion. I find it best to run with the lead troops as they call in arty, helo and plane strikes  biggrin_o.gif

Li

I actually think its the support pack that is calling in the AI arty, its the one thing missing from mandos console that I would have liked. I realised that zonekillers support scripts did a similar thing and added them. SO now the AI can call in airstrikes arty whenever they make contact makes the battlefield come to life I think.

Thanks for clearing that up. I use Mando's scripts when I call in strikes etc, so assumed that's what the ai were doing.

So far pip I love it except an issue is bothering me. Can the Action menu be fixed? As it is for me if i use the action menu to call an action it doubles up every time and tends to clog the action menu, same goes if the combat console is used.

I wonder if it has to do with the trigger on your map, or in Support_cfg.sqf the line supportcall =1; could be doubling up on it..?

Anywho good luck to ya bud.

:edit:

crap sorry for the double posting; thought I was in edit.

Quote[/b] ]

ahh yes I get that I will try to sort it out.

Quote[/b] ]

I wonder if it has to do with the trigger on your map

I'm racking my brains trying to add the ASC to my personal warfare mission and I think I might have figured out how to activate the Air Support Console in the action menu problem that I have been having.

I noticed in your map you have a trigger that is set to repeat, I set mine to repeat and sure enough each time I used a command or pressed the “alpha†radio command it doubled on the action menu.

When I set mine to not repeat, I went into the map and pressed the “alpha†radio trigger and the ASC appeared in my action menu without doubling. Maybe see if getting rid of repeat in the trigger works for you?

ok thanks thats prob it ill try later, if your making your own warfare feel free to use mine as a base if you so wish

...if your making your own warfare feel free to use mine as a base if you so wish

Oh man; only if you released it a month earlier with N+S, then I would ask to do so smile_o.gif Thanx though...

In fact I was thinking of starting up a Warfare modification team. If I do post the details for such a group, I for one would be honored to see you on it.

In fact I was thinking of starting up a Warfare modification team. If I do post the details for such a group, I for one would be honored to see you on it.

Thats a good idea there's quite a few people doing the warfare thing if we all share ideas would be good.

Great smile_o.gif I'll get some sleep (going on 34 hours here) and I'll start a post in the general topic... Or should it be made here..?

God I hate these decisions on where to post topics. confused_o.gif

New version 06

Included in file a North and South version.

warfarePIP06

changes 06 -

Laser designator now needed for console

Vibeds - place satchels on moving vehicles

some other stuff I cant remember now

Sweet pip; were you able to fix the ASC double up action menu problem?

I have for the combat console

the combat console is on a laser des now. If you have the laser you can call air from inside any vehicle :-)

Liking this mission alot. smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif Is the full island version using DAC also?

Request: view distance and detail change, not critical but would be nice.

Noticed that you can't disband team members

Also at some stage ~160 minutes ...lost ability to see bunkers being taken and so too towns

thanks Ill look at that although I admit I have no idea what could be doing it. I think it may do it in normall warfare sometimes

Ill put view distance in next version. hopefully..

I made this version if anybody wants it

North and south

Bases both start at the airstrips

Helis and Airplanes are a lot cheaper

Its PIP AIR WARFAREpipairwarfare

warfareV11PIP10 --- beta

additions

+ Respawn on leader - There is now only one squad leader who has controll of all the warfare menus etc he is the leader all other members of the squad are basic infantrymen, as such they can respawn on the squad leader where ever he is but they only come back with a rifle:-) its up to the squad leader to dole out weapons or the grunts can scrounge the battle field for them.

Hopefully players will feel more like part of a squad than the normal warfare version

this version uses the LVD RBT version (that is v popular online) as a base but I have combined it with my PIP version with mando missiles etc.

I hope thats ok with the LVD RBT version makers if its a problem I will revert back to just my version.

This version is still a Beta i'm not sure how the respawn system will work with many players but I have been playing it single player and following the squad leader around (its nice to feel like a lowly foot soldier), YOu can find the pos of your leader at any time by pressing 5-5.

The bases start near ortego in this version as i like a fast start I willl swap it back to random respawn when i have everything working as i want.

there are a few error mesages that come up but as far as i can tell they dont affect gameplay just to do with where i have tinkered with respawn and base location. Ill track them down later on

Download.

PIPwarfare

Testing this on a dedicated server on my laptop

Quote[/b] ]There is now only one squad leader who has controll of all the warfare menus

So the T function for each player (except leader) is removed?

Quote[/b] ]its up to the squad leader to dole out weapons

How is this done?  By selecting troops in T menu?

Quote[/b] ]I have combined it with my PIP version with mando missiles etc.

I don't see the Juliet inteface any more (with all the buttons).  By mando do you mean the action key interface (air support etc)

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to confirm smile_o.gif

Testing this on a dedicated server on my laptop
Quote[/b] ]There is now only one squad leader who has controll of all the warfare menus

So the T function for each player (except leader) is removed?

Quote[/b] ]its up to the squad leader to dole out weapons

How is this done? By selecting troops in T menu?

Quote[/b] ]I have combined it with my PIP version with mando missiles etc.

I don't see the Juliet inteface any more (with all the buttons). By mando do you mean the action key interface (air support etc)

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to confirm smile_o.gif

1. the leader is the only one who has the T interface (the other 5 slots have nothing :-)) I will add more slots in next version.

2. when i mean dole out wepons the squad leader will literally have to buy them and drop them on the floor to the rest of his squad :-) could be tricky when under fire but you can make ammo crates at depots now

3. To use mando console you will have to buy a laser designator they cost 1000 now.

I hope all this works should do i have been playing by myself ok as I say it is still beta

Many thanks.  I did a short test on a dedicated server and the frames were a bit low compared to other warfares (18 fps) .  I think this may be due to the DAC scripts and all the action?  I also get a script error (something about sleep #1) when I die as leader

I like this sort of game-play and to be honest the version my mates and I have been playing and enjoying alot is WarfareV11PIP04.SaraLite.pbo.  Loads of fun  Really feels like a war is going on around you

The idea of having the leader give weapons removes some of the enjoyment.  Having to wait etc, even though you can buld ammo crates etc.

The above is only my opinion, I admire all mission makers who are responsible for the longevity of this game.

The idea of having the leader give weapons removes some of the enjoyment. Having to wait etc, even though you can buld ammo crates etc.

I wanted to get the feeling of desperately running low on ammo etc that warfare seems to lack and having to follow your squad leader round to get more etc.

If you want to change it back to loads of squad leaders just open up the westslots/eastslots in the editor will go back to normal

:-)

and oh dac shouldnt be running i must of forgotten to turn it off I have re uploaded and turned off. Also put the base back to random respawn.

the squad memebers will initially spawn far away from base you will either have to walk to squad leader or just hit respawn and Spawn on leader.