Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Cannot access hanger(s) 50% of the time.

Update: FIXED

When previewing the map, sometimes (after I get down there) I get into the hanger, get the "T" icon, and nothing happens when I hit "T". However, I can go back into the editor and hit preview again and this time it works once I get down to the aircraft hanger(s).

Any idea what causes this? Also, will this effect online gameplay on a dedicated server? Players would really hate playing 2 hours into a game only to find out that they cannot purchase aircraft.

The only file I have accessed relating to the Aircraft Hanger is the \Common\Config\Config_Airport wordpad, simply to add a new unit to the list. The unit always builds without error and works perfectly, however 50% of the time pressing "T" inside of the hanger does not open the dialog box allowing access to the tabs that would allow you to access the aircraft menu.

never had an issue like that but from what ive read Wordpad is a very bad program to use to edit these type of files. It can cause errors in the layout of the script.

Is there a preferred program other than notepad where some formatting options are present?

Try getting ArmA Edit. Search for it on www.armaholic.com. You have to install it and it'll color code all types of syntax for you, and is specifically designed for ArmA editing.

Sounds good. I'll try it once I figure out this new problem I've got.

Problem solved. The air factory had an addon indicating the actual name was in a stringtable: (Localization "Unit").

However I did not have the "Unit"in the stringtable. So I just deleted the Localization term from the line and it always works now.

Thanks all!