Sign in to follow this  
pAth0s

Please Post Radeon 8500 Probs/Fixes Here

Well.. I've got a problem to start off with..

First here's a pic of pretty much the same exact problem that I'm having.

<a href="http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=4&topic=1908

I've" target="_blank">http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....

I've</a> tried everything to fix it, no w buffer, diff resolutions, diff color depths, with and without 8bit stenciling, with and without 32bit zbuffer, smoothvision off and on, with and without hardware T&L, alt-tab out and back in, etc etc etc..

Does this look familiar to anyone? Any thoughts on a fix?

Here's my major system stats:

WinXP

AMD Tbird 1133 (non oc)

1 Gig PC133 Ram

Abit kt7a (VIA chipset w/ Latest 4in1 drivers)

ATI Radeon 8500 Retail (Driver: 6.13.10.3286)

Creative SBLive (Microsoft 5.1.2601.0 driver)

Adaptec ASR-3200 dual channel u160 RAID card w/32M (5.3.0.2 drivers)

2x18G IBM u160 10k + 9G u2 IBM 7200 drives

3com nic (XP default drivers)

Thanks..

-P

Thats Radeon for yah. One thing their drivers are suitable for asswiping, thats about it, And 2) you should have gonbe with a more reliable GF3 Ti200 or up. Nvidia own Radeon plain and simple. Radeon has no R&D, tech support or anything for that matter. Oh well you aghvbe learned yyour lesson

Ok...sow how exactly does that help him with his problem...Other than you flapping your gums nothing has been accomplished.

It's odd Suchey, cuz my post may have helped in some odd way, but yours simply does nothing.

w-buffer may be enabled turn it off in your display properties

also disable it in the games video options.

I can reproduce that screenshot by turning w-buffer on.

(Edited by Maethos at 6:35 am on Dec. 3, 2001)

hmm Thanks Maethos. I do have it disabled in the display props, but how do you turn it off in the "games video options"? I'll look some more, but please let me know in case I can't find it..

As for "wisdom" (hmm must be going for irony here..) Don't think too highly of yourself, troll. I see neither a problem you're having with a Radeon 8500, or a fix for a problem anyone else is having with a Radeon 8500. Hence, you're just a dumb lamer who thinks that someone actually gives 2 squirts about your opinion on an off topic subject.

But since we're on the topic of nvidia, refresh my memory again on how many detonator revisions and how long it was before there was any real noticable speed increase with them. Ehh never mind, don't.. That story would be way too long for me to pay attention to.

-P

Ok.. How lame is this, I'm replying to my own reply. However, my problem is solved :)

I wasn't aware of the users\username\userinfo.cfg file.. (Hey, gimme a break, I just bought the game 2 days ago heh heh).. I seen a post about it being a menu item inside the game which would be all fine and dandy IF I could see anything in the game to change it. Would be nice for it to be an option in the preferences.exe.

But yeah, just replace the 1 with a 0 on this line..

useWBuffer=0;

I can't believe my dumb ass spent 2 days on this little problem!

-P

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wasn't aware of the users\username\userinfo.cfg file.. (Hey, gimme a break, I just bought the game 2 days ago heh heh).. I seen a post about it being a menu item inside the game which would be all fine and dandy IF I could see anything in the game to change it. Would be nice for it to be an option in the preferences.exe.

<span id='postcolor'>

This option is present in Options / Video and it reads "W-buffer: Enabled" or "W-buffer: Disabled" depending on the current w-buffer state.

congrats

you'll fine the Radeon will bench mark better then any GeF card

ppl have just as many problems with them as they do ATI

look at it htis way

Cheaper=ATI

Speed=ATI

Driver Suport=ATI/GeF

Newer=ATI

Winner=ATI

Glad you got it fixed pAth0s.  Sorry I didn't think about the fact that you couldn't see your video options with w-buffer enabled.  That's a bit of a problem I guess, maybe worthy of a "troubleshooting faq" addition.

(Edited by Maethos at 1:00 am on Dec. 4, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 9:29 am on Dec. 3, 2001

This option is present in Options / Video and it reads "W-buffer: Enabled" or "W-buffer: Disabled" depending on the current w-buffer state.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ondrej, the problem is this guy can't go into options to disable W-BUFFER in the first place. Look at his OFP menu screen, as originally reported on this thread:

6872714-cad7-028001E0-.jpg

To resolve this, the W-BUFFER setting should be accessable from the OFP preferences program.

Thanks TAL.. I thought I had made that clear, but I might've cornfused some people with my original post smile.gif

I also agree with you that it should be in the preferences menu and not in the game itself. Well, I suppose it could be in the game too as long as it was in the prefrences.exe too..

-P

I have some other problem with my ATI Radeon 64ddr VIVO card.....when i start night missions....it's all dark...can't se d**k

ens....but if i turn on night vision....if i am inside a heli or something...i can see something..but the out side world is untextured.......and if i exit the helicopter.....well then the night vision shows the textures of my face....uhaha...thats kinda funny =) hehe....