Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Tea

MP5 Mags use Pistol Ammo slots

I think the tiny MP5 magazines should not "eat up" an ammo slot, that could hold way bigger mags. You can store up to 3 MP5 mags in that space one 7.62 or 5.56 mag would need.

The MP5 mags should use the ammo slots for pistol ammunition.

So how can that be done?

I assume it is only a little change in an config. But where, and what exactly need to be done?

you need define a magazine type

#define WeaponNoSlot 0// dummy weapons

#define WeaponSlotPrimary 1// primary weapons

#define WeaponSlotSecondary 16// secondary weapons

#define WeaponSlotItem 256// items

#define WeaponSlotBinocular 4096// binocular

#define WeaponHardMounted 65536

type=1 if is a primary weapon slot etc etc

Ah thanks, but where do i have to make that setting? huh.gif

Weapons.pbo search these classes:class 15Rnd_9x19_M9SD: 15Rnd_9x19_M9,class 30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD: CA_Magazine,class 30Rnd_9x19_MP5: CA_Magazine,and add this to all of them:"type = 16;".

Thanks, i already had a look into weapons.pbo, but had no clue what to do.

Is it me, or where things like this easier to do in OFP?

Edit:

Now i have an Congfig.cpp with the wanted changes.

How do i convert that back to an .bin file, and can i use that config.bin in an mod folder or do i need to repack the weapons.pbo?

No need to convert to bin.Kegetys CPBO is good tool for repacking,or you can pack cpp only(give it some name e.g new_weapons.pbo or something.

Sweet, will do that.

Thanks for all the info, unfortunately i`m a complete noob when it comes to modding addons and configs. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well,you can have only 1 "primary" weapon,so how does this help you?Do you want more space for rpg/law etc ammo?It's easy to shrink their size(same config).They start from:class CA_LauncherMagazine: CA_Magazine.Type = "1 * 256"; means it takes one slot,type = "3 * 256"; means it takes 3 slots. wink_o.gif

There is a script, that allows you to have 2 primary weapons, without additional ammo of course.

So the MP5 mags as pistol mags, would allow me a full ammo loadout for an sniper rifle, plus enough ammo for an weapon that can be used as an pdw.

a type define has on class config magazine for define you magazine type and class weapon for define you weapon type wink_o.gif