Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Lag or stuttering...any IDeas?

Hey guys I got a real problem here. Ever since I installed 1.14 I get big lag spells wich bring my game to its knees. I can load up a mission in the editor and get about 2 minutes or so of game time before it starts lagging really bad out of know where.

I have updated all my drivers

and it does this with no Mods/Addons

Please throw some ideas my way to help me trouble shoot this.

Ive tried changing my vsink to off and turning on tbuffering to no effect.  help.gif

thx in advance,

Meat

SPECS:

Athlon 64 2.0 GHZ

Geforce 7600 512

2 GHZ Ram

SB Audigy 2 soundcard

Winxp SP2

I tested out what will happen when i change one setting in the driver settings, changed from high quality to quality, and was surprised how much it helped.

I use an MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP card, and can now play with everything maxed up, and 4000 meters view distance.

Now i`m an happy sniper. smile_o.gif

I tested out what will happen when i change one setting in the driver settings, changed from high quality to quality, and was surprised how much it helped.

I use an MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP card, and can now play with everything maxed up, and 4000 meters view distance.

What settings did you change exactly?

In the Nvidia control panel (driver settings), i changed the quality setting from high quality to quality, that`s all. Sorry for not describing it correctly in the other post.

ArmA worked great before, especially with patch 1.14, but not with an view distance of 4000 meters.

In the Nvidia control panel (driver settings), i changed the quality setting from high quality to quality, that`s all. Sorry for not describing it correctly in the other post.

ArmA worked great before, especially with patch 1.14, but not with an view distance of 4000 meters.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Im pretty sure by default that the nVidia control panel has that setting at "Quality". Did you turn it up to "High Quality" previously Meathead?

The first thing i do after installing an new driver, is set the the quality to high quality.

I´m always after an compromise between image quality and performance, and normally i find that compromise by altering the in game settings. But for ArmA it has an big impact, without to much loss off quality.

I`d prefer to use the higher quality level, but when i try to snipe enemy npc`s up to 2000 meters, a view distance of slightly over 2000 meters is not enough to see a thing that far away. confused_o.gif

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Ha, what you know ... it was already set to that!

Than it should already run fine, right?

I could advise defrag and some other things, but that should be common knowledge too, as driver and bios updates..........

I tried changing my Invidia setting to Balanced as it was on quality but I still get the lag.

I am at a loss with this banghead.gif

Maybe I should format and reinstall everything...

Think this could solve my problem?

Than it should already run fine, right?

I could advise defrag and some other things, but that should be common knowledge too, as driver and bios updates..........

Yeah it runs great mate, just wanted to see if I could get some improved performance! And I've been using Diskeeper for 3 years smile_o.gif

Still I'm always one for trying to improve performance!

I tried changing my Invidia setting to Balanced as it was on quality but I still get the lag.

I am at a loss with this banghead.gif

Maybe I should format and reinstall everything...

Think this could solve my problem?

edit:

Only if everything else fails.

i set mine for performance i play without the studder effect

but better systems are needed to fully enjoy arma

my next sys i will go over kill crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

p-4 3.2 ghz

7600GS AGP

1.5 gigs ram

mind you in north part of island near the sand pits in those forests to the west my FPS gos crazy