Sign in to follow this  
gunterlund

a quick note on network performance

Tried to get into several servers this weekend only to experience the fateful red chain of death. Kept disconnecting even though I chose servers with 70ms or less. Was playing with a friend of mine and he experienced the same issue. Is this the norm for network play?

Tried to get into several servers this weekend only to experience the fateful red chain of death. Kept disconnecting even though I chose servers with 70ms or less. Was playing with a friend of mine and he experienced the same issue. Is this the norm for network play?

Yes i noticed that also very frequently on our own server and on others. People loosing connection and such.

But i read in some forums-topics that its only a issue since the 1.14 patch. I hope they will fix this.....

Regards, Christian

I've noticed in the server console that the server is trying to connect to the BattlEye server and also noticed the lag/red chain symbol while being ingame. The connect attempts are repeated over and over again because the BattlEye server is down. Not sure if this might be the cause of the poor network performance while the ping itself is pretty good.