Sign in to follow this  
bhaz

squad.xml confusion

The squad pictures are no longer being shown (on vehicles, arm, or the player list) - the last time I used this squad file was pre 1.14 (I think), nothing had been modified since. The squad itself works fine, i.e. details, tag, e-mails, except the squad image no longer shows. The squad images are formatted in *.paa and located in the same directory as squad.xml on the web server.

The squad file itself contains 11 squads - although I've read posts about multiple squads in a single file not working, this is the first time I've had problems with this setup. I usually just switched player/s round in the file to different squads and changes took effect upon rejoining a server.

Any help / previous experience with squad files would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bhaz.

edit: paragraphs, removed wall of text

post a link to your squad XMLs

and check to see if the game server has IE7 loaded, IE7 has some new XML security that does not allow the game server clients to see the XMLs

and check to see if the game server has IE7 loaded

I switched over to an Apache server on a linux machine just incase, still no luck.

Did you check the adress in you player settings?

INSIDE the game that is. Start up arma and check

there....

Triple-checked that one

Everything seems to be working except the squad picture, all other squad details show up perfectly. I've tried removing the other squads (1 squad per file) and I'm currently in the process of trying different servers.

This is what's currently in the folder on the web server:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">squad.dtd

squad.xml

squad_pic.paa

Example of squad.xml entry, names and player ID's edited out:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE squad SYSTEM "squad.dtd">

<?xml-stylesheet href="squad.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<squad nick="PFC.">

<name>Private First Class</name>

<email>n/a</email>

<web>n/a</web>

<picture>squad_pic.paa</picture>

<title>Private First Class</title>

<member id="********" nick="Bhaz">

<name>edited out</name>

<email>edited out</email>

<icq>n/a</icq>

<remark></remark>

</member>

<member id="********" nick="Hellrazor">

<name>edited out</name>

<email></email>

<icq>n/a</icq>

<remark></remark>

</member>

</squad>

Can't post a live link for the squad since the machine is off when I'm not using it. Also the [ code ] tag doesn't like indentations so it looks a bit messy.

Edit: code indents

The pic and the xml are at the same location right...

Yes.

Also tried a few .paa files I found off the net incase mine were corrupted, still no luck.

check to see if the game server has IE7 loaded

About the IE7 thing, is this issue just server side? Since my client has IE7 installed, yet the dedicated servers I'm testing on do not. I'm guessing it isn't, I've seen squad images work before and I've had IE7 for quite a while now.

Issue resolved biggrin_o.gif

Squad logo started working again after replacing all tab indents with normal spaces.

Edit: even working on a server running Vista, IE7 and IIS smile_o.gif