Sign in to follow this  
-MAGTAF-E2-TaNK_Em

Helo land in 1.45

Ok it was to be said that the patch 1.45 was going to fix bugs well i got it and bam bam right there a glitch you cant land a helocopter on the ground with out hovering then cuting the engines and it hits the ground and flips why is it doing this?  confused.gif  confused.gif  confused.gif

I have only played with the patch for about 1/2 an hour but the Heo problem seems to be if you are moving forwards or backwards at all , then you dont get the option to get out , but if you are stationary , you do , as I said i have only tried it for a little while so I will carry on practising , see if I can work out a better way

see ya wink.gif

With joystick it works finde but keyboard suckz :-(

Already informed BI and asked them to fix it faster in 1.46

Cause it´s really hard bug

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Mar. 02 2002,11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cause it´s really hard bug<span id='postcolor'>

You mean annoying. tounge.gif

Its because the heli and plane uses the same alt model. They fixed the planes so they dont think they are in the air before 1 meter or so. This means that the helicopter doesnt think its in the air anymore, and can therefor not lower the alt more.

The ofp-engine just confirms this, cause when the pilot turns off the chopper-engine, the chopper is not out of controll and can therefor land on the ground "properly".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Mar. 02 2002,12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its because the heli and plane uses the same alt model. They fixed the planes so they dont think they are in the air before 1 meter or so. This means that the helicopter doesnt think its in the air anymore, and can therefor not lower the alt more.

The ofp-engine just confirms this, cause when the pilot turns off the chopper-engine, the chopper is not out of controll and can therefor land on the ground "properly".<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. But what about Hind and Chinook. You can land "normally" with them. I think they tested those two choppers. confused.gif

Not to mention the bug that's been there since version 1.0, and one of the baddest bugs of all. That's the one that the helo thinks altitude means over ground level, not sea level. Eh? Anyone tried to come in for a cliff edge landing on the east of Malden? One minute you are hovering far above the ocean, and you glide towards a cliff ledge to pick up a downed pilot or extract a task force, then you suddenly shoot up and up above the ledge because you got over ground.. it's the one most annoying thing about OFP flying. If it wasn't this way it'd be tons more fun to fly, and it'd earn more respect as a multi role simulator. Now a helicopter is just a car that you can adjust your seat position upward a few hundred meters while driving smile.gif

Konyak

I can't believe anyone would complain about the way the helicopters fly NOW...

I was amazed at how well they fly...so easy to control (and I use the keyboard)...I did notice that the last 3 feet to the ground were the hardest (in the Cobra) but "NO PROBLEMO!!!"

BIS has done an amazing job of continual improvements...I have never seen a company try so HARD and for the most part been sucessful.

THANKS BIS FOR THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

First of all, I am not complaining about the non-landing issue. I just notice I have to cut the engine to get down, which looks a bit ridiculous to be honest. But I am still not complaining. As long as they fixed the taking off from bumpy surface issue, I am really happy about that part smile.gif

Blowing up the gas station was something I just had to try, put a team of soldiers to shoot at it and KA-BOOM.. biggrin.gif nice!

The patch contains an impressive list of additions and bug fixes, we should all be happy BIS are still doing something to fix various bugs and problems in OFP.

MP will not get better before they get to replace the net code, period. In the meantime, I will be playing Renegade online, and OFP in SP.

BTW: I also noticed the chopper was behaving strange when airborne, and fell to the ground shortly after. Checked my settings and found joystick activated. I do not have a joystick so I turned it off. I Reinstalled OFP recently, the joystick option seems to be by default. Most players know this, but then again some don´t.

Hidden

Bug reports in troubleshooting thanks.