Sign in to follow this  
mrfloyd

Call for support from air!

hi, i believe that im in right subforum!

Wonders me how can i while im on foot (infantry) cal for close support from air if i have teammate which is pilot, is there some way to throw a smoke or give him some mark where hi will shoot!?

I play mostly coop, have tried flying with A10 and AV8, but its really pain to navigate where are buddies stuck!

all suggestions are welcomed!

There are smoke grenades which can be popped off if you need close air support. The guys I play with use green to mark friendly locations, and red smoke to mark enemy locations. So, you'll have to find some way to acquire those grenades to make it easier. (I'm generally an SF Marksman, for some reason, so I have them as a default)

hi, i believe that im in right subforum!

Wonders me how can i while im on foot (infantry) cal for close support from air if i have teammate which is pilot, is there some way to throw a smoke or give him some mark where hi will shoot!?

I play mostly coop, have tried flying with A10 and AV8, but its really pain to navigate where are buddies stuck!

all suggestions are welcomed!

If your teamate is in a Harrier armed with GBUs, your laser designator is your best bet. It even works if you set up an AI squad member to fly around in a harrier.

Get the S63 Grenadier pack and use it mark enemy positions. Drop a smoke grenade to mark your own position.

You can mark two points with smoke and ask for an FFAR run in between.

Or use the laser designator to direct LGBs and Hellfires.

S63 pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2203

Ok, understood&many thx!

ps. does laser desig. works when pilot is not in my squad, many missions have pilots separ. in other squad?

mrfloyd: our team uses only voice comm for marking the enemy position, for example we use hill numbers and other markers (water towers, roads, etc.). If missions allows it we also use laser markers.

But the most cool stuff in ArmA is that you can write on map by double-clicking so your team can exactly mark the enemy spot for the air cav.