Sign in to follow this  
L33t-krew

How will it run?

Just wondering, how will ARMA run on my pc?

e6420 @ 3.6Ghz

4Gb Reaper X 800Mhz 4-4-4-15 (2x2gb)

768mb 8800GTX OC2

X-fi extrememusic with Z-5500

500Gb Sata II 16mb hdd

@ 1920x1200 @ Max Quality (AA dosent need to be high though)

Also what is the playability on a

E6550 2.33ghz

2gb DDR2 (2x1gb) 667mb CL5

7950GT OC

320gb HDD 16Mb cache

@ 1920x1200 any quality.

Obviously with the latest patches.

Also does Arma support the X-52 Pro well? I havent got the foot rudders just the HOTAS system.

cheers

Hi L33t-krew

ArmA should run very well on the first system.

It should also be fine on the second system, you can always run it windowed or drop the resolution.

but these questions are normally asked and answered in the pinned topic:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57902

Welcome to the ArmA community now buy it, install it and play some warfare!

Kind Regards walker

Hi L33t-krew

ArmA should run very well on the first system.

It should also be fine on the second system, you can always run it windowed or drop the resolution.

but these questions are normally asked and answered in the pinned topic:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57902

Welcome to the ArmA community now buy it, install it and play some warfare!

Kind Regards walker

The last time I played it was a year ago on a crappy P4 pc. :|

I have purchased the official version today, and it includes the Queens Gambit smile_o.gif

Thanks very much, and I hope that it will run good. Does the latest patch offer any real improvements on performance, and would upgrading to a quad core or going SLI increase performance at all?

cheers

p.s how does the X-52 run? I

Hi L33t-krew

Latest patch is great look up the posts in the pinned topic top of this section.

Cannot tell you about the X-52 as I do not use joystick, mouse and keyboard all the way for me.

Multiple core helps a little if you assign tasks to particular cores. So put ArmA on a separate core from you Windows OS. ArmA does not use multi core direct but you can play SP missions as MP by running a dedicated server in LAN mode on one core and put the client on another You also need to copy the SP missions to the MP Folder. This often results in 5 to 10 Frames of improvement.

SLI I have heard a few problems with but check the troubleshooting thread for the latest info.

Kind Regards walker

Dude. Both of your systems are fine.

I have a P4 3.1Ghz

2gig ram

ATI 1650 512mb

XP home

I play on 1024x728 with medium settings and 2x AA with no slowdown, I could probably put some settings at high.

okay, I played on the secondary system (ie the crap on biggrin_o.gif ) on one of my 24"

Ran fine @ 1920x1200 @ High detail. Was a wee bit sluggish at some bits, and the was no anistropic filtering, just high special effects, high (not v high) textures, high models etc. (high terrain)

Dosetn look to bad though I feel the 256mb limits the games tremendously.

The only prob I have and its really annoying is the cutting sound out. I mean, I was playing on my 5.1 THX setup (I assume Arma supports 5.1?) and the sound would occasionally cut out. Add to that, that it sounds quite feeble (no offense), that was a bit disappointing. Was hoping for impressive sound effects for the minigun on the helicopter biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Also the guns look like **** and in particular the animations. Im not a rivet counter at all, but having a bolt action sniper that simply fired was a wee bit distracting.

Meh, small complaints for a great game.

If you want to see how ArmA will run, try it, failing that you can use the pinned PC thread in OT or the pinned hardware and settings thread in here smile_o.gif