Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

pixelating mask after conversion

I come with this picture:

15347211gt0.jpg

as you can see, seems that Visitor and pal2pacE create some pixels which should not be there.

I mean:

tga= (0,255,0) then pal2pac = messed up pixelated many colours on edges

I created the Mask layer, and it got ONLY 5 colours, and a single island segment got no more than 4 colours, that's fo sure.

So, anyone having this problem?

Also, i use my own textures, named in my own way

Are you working on your mask map in RGB mode? I've had similar issues when making selections and colour filling. Photoshop will anti-alias the edges of the fill adding new colours to the mask.

My solution is to work exclusively in indexed colour. Photoshop does not apply anti-aliasing in this mode.

Are you working on your mask map in RGB mode? I've had similar issues when making selections and colour filling. Photoshop will alias the edges of the fill adding new colours to the mask.

My solution is to work exclusively in indexed colour. Photoshop does not apply aliasing in this mode.

no m8, I'm sure 1000000% there are only 5 colours, since to test it, I select "save for web" then PS tells me how many colours i used, and there are only 5:

90759117po9.jpg

Oh ok. Not sure what it could be then.

That pic you posted was probably just an example, but the selective, diffusion, dither options in "save for web" all have the potential to alter your png's colours. I usually go image --> mode --> indexed colour (exact, all options off\none), and then once converted use image --> mode --> colour table to ensure my colours are the correct values.

the pen's edge in the photo tool must not have any blur. It must have Zero (o)

Must be Hard edge! Maybe thats why you have a different texture selection wink_o.gif

Well that's odd, because it looks like fringing, I noticed that the ArmA renderer will replace any non declared colours with a default terrain type, like you have there. Is perhaps the fringing colour actually also one of the declared colours? Can you paste up the actual mask image? (reduced for JPEG natch smile_o.gif)

when you use the Mask_lco.png does it have more then 1 layer inside?

here is the color table:

31294950pu5.jpg

Also,

@bravo 6

I say again, there are only 5 colours, but now in the table there are 6 lol, I'm finding the white smile_o.gif

@DMarkwick

the sand texture is my own one, i used only the norlam map from the original one

#EDIT

I removed the white

That color tables don not tell me what i want to know or what you need to know to solve your issue.

Maybe i was not clear about the blur thing and the number of layers.. i try to express better.

Colors:

I don't know what program your using.. but its important when you start filling the Sat_lco.png map, make sure ALL colors have the following options checked and rechecked!

<ul>Edge = zero (no blur at all)

Stroke category = Hard! (can be Hard Rounded or Hard Line. Can not be Soft)

If you don't follow these steps/settings you will have that effect you showed. I once noticed it Im my map.

Layers:

In my project i have one layer for each color. And when Mask_lco is ready i join all layers in one. Keep one file with all layers for future work.

That color tables don not tell me what i want to know or what you need to know to solve your issue.

Maybe i was not clear about the blur thing and the number of layers.. i try to express better.

Colors:

I don't know what program your using.. but its important when you start filling the Sat_lco.png map, make sure ALL colors have the following options checked and rechecked!

<ul>Edge = zero (no blur at all)

Stroke category = Hard! (can be Hard Rounded or Hard Line. Can not be Soft)

If you don't follow these steps/settings you will have that effect you showed. I once noticed it Im my map.

Layers:

In my project i have one layer for each color. And when Mask_lco is ready i join all layers in one. Keep one file with all layers for future work.

m8, I perfectly understand what you are telling me smile_o.gif

and i say again, that there are no more than 5 colurs (the white is the transparency which i didn't thick when I indexed the image.

I used only the pencil tool to draw the MASK_LCO (not the sat_lco, which is the satellite image), which in PS draw pixel per pixel, and doesn't create any interpolating colours (since i checked also in every possible way, and still there are only 5 colours) smile_o.gif

Now, i come with a question:

You know mapLegend.png, which has all the colours.

maplegendcb9.png

Well, to draw my MASK I din't follow it, but I used randomized colours for different terrains. Do I have to follow the colors in maplegend.png?

If so, the beach should not be red as I painted it, but brown or something near it

I have added new colours to my mask with no issues, and I don't use the definitions of sand etc in the mapLegend. As I understand it, Visitor uses the first row of pixels from the mapLegend. Try to colour pick your colour values from the mapLegend itself? Perhaps somehow the values you're using right now aren't present in the mapLegends gradient?

I have added new colours to my mask with no issues, and I don't use the definitions of sand etc in the mapLegend. As I understand it, Visitor uses the first row of pixels from the mapLegend. Try to colour pick your colour values from the mapLegend itself? Perhaps somehow the values you're using right now aren't present in the mapLegends gradient?

m8 are you using the naming convention for your textures?

or you name them as you want?

I mean, for example I named my grass texture "junglehighDensiti_detail_co.paa", instead of the "trava_detail_co.paa"

Custom names for everything.

A portion of my layers.cfg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Layers

{

class soilredgulley

{

texture = "SEAI\data\soilredgulley_mco.png";

material="SEAI\data\soilredgulley.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="SEAI\Source\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

soilredgulley[]={{0,0,255}};

}

};

I'm sure you've already done this..but check your layers.cfg to make sure the RGB colour values match your image?

I've seen the exact same problem when working in Buldozer on Schmalfelden. For me, it is a hardware/software/driver issue of some sort. When Buldozer is loading the textures it fails to completely load them and stops, leaving the ground looking like your image. Killing Buldozer and restarting solves the problem.

I would guess you've already tried this and the problem is still there, but it might give you some other ideas regarding troubleshooting. Is the image in game or just in Buldozer - I can't tell.

like dmitri said.. you need all class layers identified

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Legend

{

picture="layertest\src\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

/// color names should correspond to surface layer names

snow[]={{255,255,255}};

wetSand[]={{0,0,0}};

grass[]={{0,255,131},{255,255,0}};

sand[]={{207,115,0}};

rock[]={{0,255,255},{121,255,0}};

mud[]={{0,255,0}};

}

};

Check Wiki:Terrain Surface Representation Layer Legend

of course you can play around with colors but they must be identified.. else you will get "extra" colors you don't have, like the issue.

edit: that legend doesn't tell you that green is grass, if you want green can be sand if you desire.. for that case you have to inform layers.cfg that the color numbers you have represent the texture and material desired.

For my island i used different colors and different names, but i had to referred them.

Good luck smile_o.gif

ok, checked what was wrong.

it's hard to explain here tounge2.gif

anyway, about the blocky textures effect: there's a workaround about it... dunno if it's the right method, but it works now like a charm

5qg26tmpnu9.th.jpg

anyway, about the blocky textures effect: there's a workaround about it... dunno if it's the right method, but it works now like a charm

Can you try to explain your 'right method'? Or, get Camtasia and make a video... smile_o.gif

Ok... so, once you set the parameters for your new terrain, make the texture layer size 2*Terrain cell size

It will have obviously less definition, but if you then have a 1024x1024 texture, the problem should go away

immaginevw4.jpg