Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

[SP] Search and Destroy

This is my first ever public mission so it is nothing too complicated although it did take me a wee while to make. I made it so there was a mission for the 1st ID and so I could learn the editor.

The mission is about an attack on a SLA outpost in the South Sahrani mountains by the 1st ID. It is 'set' a little bit after the defence of the Airport by the SBCT in the official campaign.

The mission uses a few scripts the most important of which is Wolfrug's Body Armour. Your squad is equipped with body armour so they can take slightly more damage than normal. It also adds in a new gameplay element as your troops can be stunned. So if you see a soldier of yours lying on the ground go up to him and see if you can give him first aid. An action should appear in the menu. When you do that your trooper will be revived in a few seconds.

Hope you enjoy the mission.

Constructive comments welcome.

From the ReadMe (please read it):

Quote[/b] ]Search and Destroy by -snafu-.

v 1.0

NEEDED ADDONS: Cameron McDonald's 1st ID addon.

Grab here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1185

RECOMMENDED ADDONS:

VFAI Addons (smoke specifically): http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....90;st=0

Wolfrug's DSAI: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....74;st=0

SCRIPTS USED:

- Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script.

- ColonelSandersLite's (CSL) Random Weather.

- Wolfrug's Body Armour script.

The mission uses a few scripts the most important of which is Wolfrug's Body Armour. Your squad is equipped with body armour so they can take slightly more damage than normal. It also adds in a new gameplay element as your troops can be stunned. So if you see a soldier of yours lying on the ground go up to him and see if you can give him first aid. An action should appear in the menu. When you do that your trooper will be revived in a few seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a mission I made for Cameron McDonald's 1st ID addon. His addon inspired a 5 minute mission editor like myself to try and create something decent.

So don't expect something spectacular. It's just a mission that will alow you to jump in and have a blast with  Cameron McDonald's addon.

In essence, this mission was a learning experience for me. If you want to have a go at making a mission feel free to de-PBO Search and Destroy and see how I did things.

Install and use this mission at your own risk.

The mission involves a patrol of the newly arrived 1st ID in the S.Sahrani mountains on a search and destroy mission. Some deviously fiendish SLA escaped to the mountains after the Battle for Paraiso Airport and are now up to mischief with US and RACS supply convoys.

Bugs and future plans:

If you have questions of any sort, contact me. (see contact details below).

No more future plans. This is the final version. All bugs should be squashed.

Changes from Beta 1:

- Fixed mission.sqm errors.

- Changed ending to compensate for my lack of knowledge in this area (still does not work).

- Changed the reinforcements. They should participate in the assault this time. (Hopefully - They should hit the village JUST before your squad).Still doesn't work

- More units added with probability of presence to spice things up. (Basically you will either encounter heavy or light resistance en route to the camp).

- Added Promo and Overview pictures.

Changes from Beta 1.5:

- Fixed ending.

- Completely re-worked the core of the mission by adding Kronzky's Patrol Script.

- You now call by radio when you and second Squad should attack the HQ.

- Objectives not being checked now fixed.

- Added radio messages (albeit without voices) to add atmosphere.

- Added more infantry groups.

- Added more 'story' to the briefing and debriefing.

- Fixed overview pic.

Changes from Beta 2.0

- Added voices.

- Added random weather script.

- Added RUG Body Armour Script.

- Updated UPS to v2.0

- Hidden objective that is fired if you have enough soldiers left alive.

- Changed insertion point and area patrolled.

- Tweaked number of enemy.

- Few minor adjustments.

- Basic Intro and Outro added.

- Fixed mission.sqm error.

- Removed QG sound requirement for the outro.

Changes from Beta 3.5

- Added enemy group.

- UPS marker now hidden.

- Missing sound error fixed.

Changes from Beta 3.6

- Hid radio option until you reach the place to use it.

- Fixed spelling, changed codeword 'Alpha' to 'STORM'.

Things to do:

- None.

Contact details:

- BIS Forums (www.flashpoint1985.com). PM me. Username is -snafu-

Credits:

Special thanks to LeeHunt for his voice acting.

The guys at OFPEC (Wink0, mathias_eichinger, Rellikki, schuler, johnnyboy and Denz) for testing my mission and their advice on how to make it better.

Mandoble, Sparticus76 and Rommel92 for helping me with the trigger that can reveal the hidden objective.

Imutep and AMS for their camera scripting tutorial. If it were not for that there would not be an intro and an outro.

Cameron McDonald and Co. for the 1st Infantry Division Addon.

Chris for his excellent ArmA editor. If it wasn't for his tool there would be no briefing or overview.

Download mirrors (more welcome):

Crapidshare

Armaholic Cheers Big.

Hi,

I'm enjoying the mission so far. The only problem is that I have reached the staging area for the assault and the voice instructs me to use the radio to order the assault, but there is no radio in either the menu or the map. so i'm a bit stuck.

Update:

I just replayed the mission and this time the radio option did appear when i checked the radio on the map. Do you have it set not to appear in the radio menu (0-0)? I think this is what caused the problem the first time i played the mission as the arma disappearing radio bug made it impossible for me to start the attack.

Thanks for making this, scotch - it was good to actually be able to play with my boys rather than just fix them. biggrin_o.gif

@ stun

Glad you liked the mission. About the radio thing, the radio action only shows up in both 0-0 and the map when you are the commander of the group. When you are a member of the group it only shows up on the map radio.

@ Cameron McDonald

No problem, glad you are enjoying it.