Sign in to follow this  
whisper

Creating a signature exception list

I'm trying to get a dedicated with signature verification active, but I want certain specific .pbo (for which there is no public signature or I know the current public signature is wrong/non functional) to be excluded of the check, or not resulting in a kick.

I tried something along these lines :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">onUnsignedData = "uncheckAddons=[""addon_a.pbo"","addon_b.pbo""];if !((_this select 1) in uncheckAddons) then {kick (_this select 0)};";

Same for onHackedData.

Meaning that if the filename is in the list given, there won't be a kick. In theory, because it doesn't work, I get kicked anyway.

Any information on these kind of things?

I didn't test it, but try to escape the " properly.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">onUnsignedData = "uncheckAddons=[\"addon_a.pbo\",\"addon_b.pbo\"];if !((_this select 1) in uncheckAddons) then {kick (_this select 0)};";

Maybe you have to use \"addons/addon_a.pbo\" instead of \"addon_a.pbo\". Just because any error message I saw concerning addons included the full relative path.

In regular ArmA scripting, you don't escape caracters like in shells, but by doubling the quotes.

ArmA serverside scripting is said to use usual ArmA syntax, so...

As for full path, good point, though I really hope it's not the solution because a pbo can be placed virtually anywhere, a server admin cannot know beforehand where an addon X will be placed...

In regular ArmA scripting, you don't escape caracters like in shells, but by doubling the quotes.

ArmA serverside scripting is said to use usual ArmA syntax, so...

Ok, makes sense, but then you forgot one " in your code sample.

As for full path, good point, though I really hope it's not the solution because a pbo can be placed virtually anywhere, a server admin cannot know beforehand where an addon X will be placed...

But it must be in an folder named "addons" anyway, either in a modfolder or the arma addons folder, or ? Thats what i suggested, just prepend "addons/" to the filename.

I get your point now as the modfolder name pops up in the unsigned data kick message too. confused_o.gif

But it doesn't seem to work anyway, even if you prepent the correct modfolder name.

this post was submitted twice. Pls delete this post

This would not be save because every cheat has an other file-name sad_o.gif

Yours

Crowe

This would not be save because every cheat has an other file-name sad_o.gif

Yours

Crowe

I don't think you get what I'm trying to do....

if i am understanding the question correctly...

if an add-on isn't signed, you can sign it yourself. i've played on servers where only one bikey is permitted. the admins of the server(s) resigned all the addons that they would allow on their server.

imho, this is overkill. but you get the point. you do have control over server if you want to take the time to sign something that was never signed. also, make sure that it is obvious to people attempting to enter your server that they know where to get the bikey files.

I know, but I'm running into a temporary addon key error (waiting on the addon team to fix that) and in the meantime, having this addon excluded from the check list would be cool (ofc it kind of defeats the purpose of signatures, but it's temporary).