Sign in to follow this  
TokarevT33

How to install a CTI?

I'm currently aiming at playing a long CTI game in single-player only, but I've no idea on how to properly install and run this kind of game on one-player vs AI mode? And what addon does it require? Can I run with the latest FFUR? Can I save my progress and continue later?

So many questions, and sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong forum

Hello,

as with any other ordinary mission, all required addons have to be installed on you system.

That said, there are CTI mission which don't use any non-standard addons. And on the other end of the spectrum some CTIs use several gigabytes of them.

I assume you have already played a CTI in multiplayer, so we can be sure you have the needed addons already.

All you have to do now is going into the ofp/MPMissionsCache directory on your harddrive. There you will find all missions you have played online yet.

Pick out the one you'd like to play at your own.

And copy it to the ofp/MPMissions folder.

This means you are now able to start and host this mission independently. Start the game and select multiplayer, but this time don't select any foreign server but instead click 'New'. Choose the proper mission and slot in the side you want to play. The important thing is to leave the AI enabled for the enemy's side commander slot and to give him enough AI 'players', otherwise he won't be a worthy foe.

You can take the commander's position of your side or any player slot as you like. Start the game and play as usual.

Most of the current CTIs recognize on their own whether it is a human or AI commander and take proper actions. However, some CTI offer special flavors branded COOP. If so, you had better taken these.

You will not be able to save the state of the game.

Closing as this has nothing to do with OFP troubleshooting.