Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

Coop campaign!

Can it be said enough times?

Coop Campaign!

The best way to create a imersive, realistic and lenghty coop experience is by having small coop campaigns where the players must beat one mission to move on to the next.

The large scale/range coop usermade missions people play in Arma all the time are not the experience i expect from a game like this, they can be fun but are more arcade and repetitive than death match, we are replacing our loved real time sandbox with scripts.

A coop campaign shouldnt be that complicated to implement:

[*]Beat mission A to move to mission B.

[*]If everyone dies (or an objective fails) replay mission A.

[*]If an important objective fails (maybe) move to mission B.2.

[*]Etc...

If saving progress or passing data from one mission to another makes it complicated dump these, it would still be fun to play a 5/6 mission coop campaign, we would atleast have:

[*]Mission briefings for each mission.

[*]Logical, consecutive mission order.

[*]Missions taking place with time intervals (daily/weekly).

[*]Missions taking place at diferent times of day.

[*]Mission diversity and increased quality/performance.

Atleast the editing possibility for us to make our own smile_o.gif .

If i remember correctly BIS considered a coop campaign a long, long time ago?

I agree,

This would be a great feature imo.

To make it easier, it would be great if BIS could add the pre-briefing cut scenes and the ones for outro win/lose to MP so that it would be easier all round for them to have SP/MP   campaigns.

Also that way you don't need to waste a param for skipping the intro as people (or the server) can just press ESC then wait for the others at the briefing.

Also while i'm at it, would be great if they could add subfolders to the MP missions section like in SP so it is much easier to sort them (and obviously for campaigns).