Sign in to follow this  
zeep

Is it possible to change movement mechanics?

I was talking with some fellow Infiltration players about Ofp's movement mechanics. The way the player moves, handles weapon, leaning, crouching etc.. in ofp feels a bit unnatural to some so i was wondering if these things can be changed with a mod. Now i'm not much on modding but i know some who can perhaps try, or at least help me a bit with it.

But anyway, is it possible at all?

It is possible to modify the animations. For instance, there's some which allow you to jog with the rifle pointed forwards, lean, roll, run and walk crouched, have a stable aim when sidestepping etc. Search for Sanctuary's animation packs.

Although, stuff like leaning and crouched movement will cause crashes in MP unless the server and everybody in the game has them.

Yeah theres a few mods that incorported some new animations. You can do it also. Like Sanctuarys animations to add in a few differences specially with patroling.

Some MODS change it a bit more. Can't remember if its ECP or SLX (You can combine both also) have the DM(AorE) Lean and roll feature.  So the movement scope is greater. They also include a few small changes to crouch combat walks and such. Which help the AI. But the AI doesn't use the lean and roll etc.

in the PLA mod by VME they've scripted the AI to exactly use lean and suppressing fire animations and even walks with gun in different positions.

If you really get into cpp editing you could create and put specific animations for what ever unit or over mod you want.

I can't remember the exact terms, but I wish we could add some movements in for the AI and player like pulling your self up on a crate or slight hop like in in a few other games where the AI are also interesting like the CONFLICT games and FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

If anything I hope Arma2 improves AI movement options... like look at all the positions just for a pistol

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ap2.htm

would be nice to great more situational movements.