Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

New Multiplayer Mod Suggestion ( Battle Command )

Hey Guys

I have come up with a neat idea for a new multiplayer gamemode.

What its called: Battle Command

How it Works: There are 2 sides to the mode, opfor and blufor, it is pvp based but nothing like the gamemode berzerk or CTF or any other pvp based gamemodes. It requires tactical stragery and domination of points to win the game. You have a battlefield, nothing large but decent. Each side has 10-30 different types of vehicles, 4-10 armored vehicles and 2-4 aircraft at its disposle depending on the map size. You get to pick positions etc players all play dominant leading roles so all the private based solders are AI, Most battles will have 20-100vs100-20 men battles and most of them will be AI commanded by players. This is how it works, AI are soldiers who are commanded by players so eg players who play the general in their side the ones issuing there squads where to go and what to do, and also what vehicle to enter etc and the AI will follow that. Also players will have the ability to have their own squads with a max of 3-7 AI per squad where the player is the leader of the squad and the one following the generals orders. Also Each team gets 500-1000 lifes depending on the map size, so if 100 are killed then 100 life points are deducted of that team. The Team with the points reaching 0 are the losing team, declaring the other team victorious. Also there is respawn rate of 30-1min sec per soldier so it shouldnt create a laggy game. Also on the map the center of the map is where all the battle takes place, and capturing towns etc also gives life points to the team and decreases the spawnrate of the other team, making it for the other team to survive.

This is just an idea i have come up with, and was hoping someone might like to this or if anyone could teach me a few things. I wanna know how to properly script since im a noob at it, i dont know how to make them or whatever etc and ive read guides etc but doesnt help much because its all mostly for advanced scripters. I just basically need to learn how to do respawn scripting, ai respawning, and etc so everything that would be have to be covered in the map. I am bored these holidays ( i got 1 week holiday left) but i wouldnt mind working on this kind of project and release a beta. I dont wanna make something perfect i just wanna make something in at least 10 hours max work because i have made a few maps that were alright in 2 hours. But if i keep learning ill keep upgrading this gamemode if i ever do create it. So this is just a suggestion, maybe someone could help me with this or even could create this.

What do you guys think of this idea? Give me any pointers? tounge2.gif

every suggested new game mode is worth trying out, its sounds like something which some of the ArmA leagues have but why not a public version?

why don't you start and make the map?

good luck with your idea smile_o.gif

Yes for me it sounds interessting, so please start and do it biggrin_o.gif

Best Regards, Christian

Hi Russianguy192

Zeus are already experimenting with something like this as are International Conflict and several other mod/clans. This has come out of coop groups like Zeus, CIA, Kellys, Shacktac and a host others when they have been doing Attack and Defend forms.

The complexity of these forms include things like: multiple week campaigns where a snapshot of the conflict is taken at the end of each play period then the next week teams start from the same positions usualy under the concept of a reorg though there is nothing to has to be the continuation form.

In terms of game forms the ArmA and before it the BIS developed OFP engine has always been the most experimental game engine ever developed for users.

It is the community of developers that create the form that ArmA will be in the future.

Kind Regards walker

ty, yes i was planning to release it to the public if i ever made it of course :S but i mean i completely suck at scripting , maybe someone could help or teach me?Most scripting guides for ArmA i read i still get confused cause it looks complicated :S, I have very good english ( living in New Zealand for 12 years now ) so its not that.

this is somthing i feel ArmA lacks is good map makers we can't even play a decent CTI lack of premo mapper crazy_o.gif