Sign in to follow this  
VanhA

Waypoints ignored

I was almost releasing this mission but then I remembered to doublecheck the ending and of course there came an issue:

I have a counter which gives a publicVariable value which enables the player to call in a boat to come in to shore and pick up an officer which has been under protection.

I have the officer in a bunker with <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit1 disableAI "MOVE"; command in his init. When boat comes closer it triggers a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit1 enableAI "MOVE"; command and he has a synced "GET IN" waypoint on shore with boat.

(Waypoint conditions have also the value triggered by the timer)

Here's what happens:

The stupid mofo comes out of bunker runs around it and stops by a bush and just stands there regardless if there's enemies still around or not.

How can I make him to follow waypoint orders more precise?

(I tried to search same kind of issues here but did not found exactly what I wanted)

try maybe "MOVE" waypoint towards the boat, then:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit1 moveInCargo _Boat

I'll try that , thanks.

How about also combining <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">doMove and <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">orderGetIn commands?

Can I take the waypoint off if I use them?

Maybe the forcing command would do the trick.

I'll try these today.

EDIT:

Problem now solved.

*I removed the waypoints from unit all together.

*Added a marker called "in" near the boats destination on beach

*Added lines <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit1 doMove getMarkerPos "in";[unit1] orderGetIn true; into trigger triggered by the boat when it's near enough

*Just in case added a trigger on marker activated by unit1 with a line <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit1 moveInCargo boat;

yay.gif

After some testing on server I'll be realeasing this.... although I have one another mission to be released as well but I've been busy&lazy