Sign in to follow this  
Padooka

1.12 Beta and ARMA Gold

I have ARMA Gold and ran the installer for the latest 1.12 Beta patch.

Royal Flush isn't listed in the Campaign selection screen.

I noticed the beta shortcut only mentions the beta folder but not dbe1..... Is there something special that has to be done to get the beta to work with ARMA Gold correctly?

Is it enough to just add the dbe1 folder to the mod switch in the shortcut or are there files that also need to be copied?

Any help would be appreciated! smile_o.gif

No just add dbe1 to the shortcut like you would a mod folder and all is well.

@ April 15 2008,07:50)]http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.12
Quote[/b] ]Important: Beta patch doesn't fully support Queen's Gambit, to test the specific Queen's Gambit fixes, you need to copy manually HotFix_QG.pbo and HotFix_DBE1.pbo to your addons folder.

Hi I've just bought the Gold Edition from sprocket, then updated to the 1.12 beta. I could play without problems on Vista x64 with my 4Gb of ram, but I can't even open the Queen's Gambit, even copying the mentioned files... It errors and tell me that the version 1.09 is required for an addon...

Anybody knows how to solve it?!? Please help!!!! sad_o.gif

regarding the shortcut, I tried both ways below:

(i'm not in front of my game computer right know, but the shortcut was something like...)

"c:\games\ARAM\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1 -mod=BETA -nosplash

and

"c:\games\ARAM\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1

Both ways don't work... (the second shortcut the game opens but with that 4GB ram problem... Black screen...)

HELP!!! confused_o.gif

mattoso,

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;dbe1;clay;@ecs;slxx;fromz2 -nosplash

You need the shortcut to point to the beta folder as in above example. It will then work.

mattoso,

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;dbe1;clay;@ecs;slxx;fromz2 -nosplash

You need the shortcut to point to the beta folder as in above example. It will then work.

Thank you so much! It is working now!

I didn't notice that the beta folder has an executable... banghead.gif