Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Why not just call it what it is?

Im sure many of you know about "black history month"..

its about the achievements of black americans.. but is that what its really about, I dont believe nso.

have any of you heard of Paul Williams, who became a prominent black architect long before the civil rights revolution, or about successful black writers in the 19th century? .. I bet not.. and during black history month they are never mentioned either..

What about Elijah Mccoy?.. ya ever hear the term "the real mccoy" thats from him.. he invinted the first autmoatic gear lubricator.. and became one of the most wealthy black men of the era.. but you wont hear anything about him during black history month either...

There was also an outstanding black high school in Washington, D.C., which had remarkable achievements from 1870 to 1955. For example, most of its graduates during that period went on to college, even though most white high school graduates did not make it to college during that era. As far back as 1899, this school's students scored higher on standardized tests than two of the three white academic high schools in the District of Columbia...it scored the highest of all schools in the state 4 years in a row something that had NEVER been done even by a white school but you will never hear a word about it durning "black history month"

so.. why? why will you never hear of any these during black history month? simple.. because none of these achievments involve defeating the evil white devil, they all are MASSIVE achievments but since there are no white people to demonize in them they are.. left out..

every single event celebrated in black history programs, ralleys..etc are all about the black man being beaten, enslaved.. insert shitty thing here ----> ____.. when in contrary there are many many more dramaitc and spetacular achievemnts that are completely and utterly ignored.. because there is no enemy, there is no great evil to be remembered and hatred refueled..

It seems that if the part of black history doesent involve white people in some way attacking or killing black people.. well thats just not important...

so why?

all these people claim they want racial equality.. yet they constantly keep shouting and yelling about how evil and vile the white people treated black people.. is this REALLY the way to make races feel equal?

you know what this reminds me of.. the Middle East.. you grow up and all you hear is how your village was long ago attacked by the dasterdly evil satanic infedel village across the river.. and you grow up hating the people in that village... do you feel equal? no you feel HATE!

Do the people (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton.. etc etc loudmouths) REALLY want equality? or do they just want to perpetuate the contempt and hatred and counter-racism from half a century ago?...

so why bother calling it black history month.. when the events and things celebrated are obviousley about the sins of the white people.. why beat arounf the bush?

black history month has been twisted into a month were black people sit back and watch as every bad thing a white person has done is dredged out of history and vaunted.. "look!! look!! this is what the white people did to us!!!!!"

what do you folks think of this?

P.S. call me a racist, and you die

tounge.gif

P.S.S. the first slave traders.. were a dutch ship,.

i think its time for men to realise that there are more important things than politics

aint that the truith... politics and equality do not mix.. not even in democracy

I agree with you Wobble, but the truth is most people could care less about your words and even hate you becaus of it.  Victimization is just to beneficial.

Why not Walter Williams, Larry Elder, or Thomas Sowell as role models for blacks? They are great economists and journalists. The reason why is as you say. they do not maintain the status quo of racial tension. Williams, Elder, and Sowell advanced in life based upon their own merits, they didn't use the color of their skin as a crutch to support them trough life.

I pray to whatever God exists, that one day black people will recognize the folly of enslaving themselves to their own hypocrasy and rise to a new level of success. In my own observation i have witnessed black people bring up skin color more then whites. I am told of course that white people just "hide" it. How are we to teach are children that racial discrimination is wrong, but call someone a racist because they wish to end race based hiring practices?

____

Affirmative action=Affirmative discrimination

the black "leaders' or "community" or whatever you call the handful of loudmouth you always see in the news are making it VERY hard for white people NOT hate them.....  look at how they see things:

Black Church: great, brings the community together

White Church: RACIST! you cant do that! you cant exclude black people!! RACIST!

Black comedian making fun of white people: FUNNY! haha, how clever, goofy white people..

White Comedian making fun of black people: you cant do that! RACIST!

Black history month: excellent, praise the achievments of the black community,,'

White History month: YOU CANT DO THAT!! what about the black people! RACIST!

Black entertainment television (BET): great, a channel dedicated to the black ideals and shows.

White entertainment television: YOU RACIST!! you cant alienate black people like that! no way!

yes.. there is racism in america isnt there.

so you think having examples of a few successful represents the whole community? yeah, i bet David Duke is a shining example of white-pride.

You can't just look at the small numbers of success and label it as the group's success. Take for example, Rosa Parks. that white driver 'ordered' her to give seat to whote person. thye both paid same are, but why does she have to give up that seat for white person?

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,06wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so you think having examples of a few successful represents the whole community? yeah, i bet David Duke is a shining example of white-pride.

You can't just look at the small numbers of success and label it as the group's success. Take for example, Rosa Parks. that white driver 'ordered' her to give seat to whote person. thye both paid same are, but why does she have to give up that seat for white person?<span id='postcolor'>

thats what Im talking about ralph.. thats a fairly insignifigant thing "achievement".. remember black history month is about ACHIEVMENTS.. yet.. the guys I listed.. the first black millionare.. the black school that outperformed all the white schools in the state 3 YEARS IN A ROW.. they are never even mentioned durin BMH.. why? because there is no good guy/badguy black/white... GOOD/EVIL.. confrontation..

thats my whole point.. if your gonna devote a month to pointing out a bunch of confrontations that white and black people had half a century ago.. fine.. but dont hide it behind the guise of "achievment".. when all it is is to point out.. "ohh white people did bad things!".. which is what virtually all the "subjects" of black history month is about..

they talk about Martin Luthor King.. do they discuss his life? not really.. do they talk about the things he did? no.. do they discuss his teachings? no.. do they stand back and admire the progress he made? no..well what do they focus on?? the fact that a white guy shot him...

i say, let them celabrate their haratage, biggrin.gif why not?

"They" ( i say "they" because i don't want to divide up the human race into many different ones) have struggle and been pursicuted, and "they" have much to be proud of. Black history month is there to educate us all on 1) slavery, so it won't happen again, 2) the accomplishments and innovations brought about by Black people. theres Probably more reasons than that, but they are unknown to me.

For once I agree with Wobble, without any question! Yey. (This might have to do with the fact that I didn't get the job I applied to because of quotation).

Anyway, you are right. It is not about achievement, it is about pity, the white mans guilt and taking the easy way. People just love to remind everyone else of how bad they, their dog and its father has been treated. Why achieve anything when you can get it through whining and playing the guilt string?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 01 2002,06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats what Im talking about ralph.. thats a fairly insignifigant thing "achievement".. remember black history month is about ACHIEVMENTS.. yet.. the guys I listed.. the first black millionare.. the black school that outperformed all the white schools in the state 3 YEARS IN A ROW.. they are never even mentioned durin BMH.. why? because there is no good guy/badguy black/white... GOOD/EVIL.. confrontation..

thats my whole point.. if your gonna devote a month to pointing out a bunch of confrontations that white and black people had half a century ago.. fine.. but dont hide it behind the guise of "achievment".. when all it is is to point out.. "ohh white people did bad things!".. which is what virtually all the "subjects" of black history month is about..

they talk about Martin Luthor King.. do they discuss his life? not really.. do they talk about the things he did? no.. do they discuss his teachings? no.. do they stand back and admire the progress he made? no..well what do they focus on?? the fact that a white guy shot him...<span id='postcolor'>

my point is that although those ppl might have made achievements, we need to look at wider perspectice. MLK is remebered because he tried to make achievement possible for whole blacks, not in small sectors.

I think a major problem with racial tensions lies in the divisionary nature of a great deal of the black leaders arguments.

Martin Luther King said:" Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must ever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline."

recompense for slavery 200 years ago...at the cost to tax payers seems a little like bitterness to me. Hatred? Just look at Farakahn, and some of Spike Lee's speeches.

as well as:

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

Sure we can sit at the same table, but from watching Al Sharpton talk on tv it seems the stigma of white people as "the man" and not a brother, is still there.

The sad thing is that despite MLK's efforts segregation has only moved from being sanctioned, to being natural (if you can call it that). Talk about an imperfect world? What are you gonna' do about it?

Sorry but there is an white man,and he screws everyone over.Who's the whiteman that screws with white people,black people,mix people,spanish people,european people,THE WORLD ?Who is he ? He's the CEO,he could be a black CEO ,spanish ceo or other ceo.Why do i say this ? Whos the first person always screwing you ? The CEO(The True white man they speak of).Just black people get more TV time ,because the world has not thought about this idea.It's pretty much true though.

Let's talk about enron,not only did black people get screw over,but soo did everyone else.Why ? BEcause the white man(even though he can be any color),He took the billion and got out,why the others got stuck inside.The White man is the problem.

Remember the white man is the CEO of no color.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 01 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry but there is an white man,and he screws everyone over.Who's the whiteman that screws with white people,black people,mix people,spanish people,european people,THE WORLD ?Who is he ? He's the CEO,he could be a black CEO ,spanish ceo or other ceo.Why do i say this ? Whos the first person always screwing you ? The CEO(The True white man they speak of).Just black people get more TV time ,because the world has not thought about this idea.It's pretty much true though.

Let's talk about enron,not only did black people get screw over,but soo did everyone else.Why ? BEcause the white man(even though he can be any color),He took the billion and got out,why the others got stuck inside.The White man is the problem.

Remember the white man is the CEO of no color.<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT? thats was stupid. Because a white man did something bad, the white people are responsible? wtf?

People like to claim that the White man held them down,or something,and still hoding them down.The White man= the CEO of a billion dollar company.

wtf? they arnt talking about ceo's! they are actually talking about white people! its a HISTORY month, they arnt talking in metaphores.

My point is ,that white people just like black people are slaves to thesee billion dollar ceos that can do anything to us.The white man to me is a person that is holding down people and making money doing it ,also that screws people.Which CEOs DO.Soo CEOs= White man.White man=screws people over.When i say white man,i'am not talking about White people.heck i'm white smile.gif.

I know they are talking about history,but i'm trying get my point across there is an whiteman.

"When i say white man,i'am not talking about White people.heck i'm white"

Then you must have misunderstood the entire debate. It is not about just companies. It is about the mentality of people. It is not some white CEO that creates all racism and holds people down. Besides, not all CEO's that hold people down are white.

for the record Bill Gates is a white man.. but he is such an un-equitable GEEK that the advantage of being "the white man" will be lost to his extreme nerdyness biggrin.gif

and to try and keep topic.. what Im referring to is how black history month has been more or less (more) skewed into "look what the white people did to us.. lets remember and sulk" month...  insted of trying to breed racial equality.. it breeds racial angst.. black people are reminded of how a LONG time ago the "white man" was bad to them...  and its all thinley veiled behind the guies of "achievment".. which leades to the title "sins of the white people monty" because these days thats all its really about..

if you watch the programs dedicated to it.. you notice much of it is not geared towards black achievemnts.. but more towards what bad things white people have done...

excuse any typos or basic lack of sense.. wobble was drunk when he wrote this..

And that zoom zoom kid, i hate him too

I always want to slap him.. or I hope one of those cars hit him.