Sign in to follow this  
RandomSoldier

My Missions

I am trying to give the AI Waypoints to get in choppers and do a mission but I cant figure out what to do? I double click the way points and set, get in nearest. But how do you enter the command without using the esc. button? other wise it just goes back to just move. FYI this is in the create a mission area in map section.

Assuming your helo will start stationary on the map:

Place the helicopter on the map near your troops. Give it a name like "Helo1"

Change editor to "waypoint" mode (F4).

Double-Click your new Helicopter

The waypoint properties window should open, at the top, the TYPE: of waypoint should be defaulted to Move. Change this to "Load".

Place as many Move waypoints as you need to get your helicopter to it's destination and then place it's final waypoint TYPE: as "Transport Unload" .

Now, change the editor back into "Units" mode (F1).

Double click on open ground (make sure it isn't too close to things like trees and buildings) near your helicopters "Transport Unload" waypoint. Choose SIDE: Empty, CLASS: Objects and UNIT: as H (invisible). This will place an invisible landing pad on the map to make it easier for your helicopter AI to land on.

Place your Infantry Squad on the map near your helicopter. Make sure all of your Infantry are grouped together into a single squad. If they are, they will have a thin line connecting each individual to the squads leader. If not, change the editor into "Group" Mode (F2) and pick one unit to be the Squad leader (its best if this unit has a higher rank then the rest). Click on the squad leader and drag a thin line to each member of his squad.

Change the editor into "Waypoint" Mode (F4)

Click on the Infantry Squad Leader to highlight him. Place a waypoint TYPE: Get In (similar to Get in Nearest) near the Helicopter.

Change the editor into "Synchronize) Mode (F5)

Click on the Infantry's "Get In" waypoint and drag a dark blue line to the Helicopters "Load" waypoint. If successfull, a dark blue line will connect between the two waypoints. This will "synchronize" the Helicopter to wait until the Infantry have boarded before taking off and flying to the landing zone. Without the synchronized link, the helicopter will not wait for the infantry and simply fly away without them onboard.

If everything was done correctly, the Infantry will board the helicopter, the helicopter will take off and land at it's target with the Infantry getting out.

i pushed the F4 key and notta, and how do you give a unit a name. i'm in the map area on create a mission, not on the internet

You making the mission in the Mission Editor? or what?

you just need to add the name in the name field when you insert/edit a unit. Like so;

name.jpg

After pressing f4 you then need to select a unit and then click on the map where you want the waypoint to be wink_o.gif

Might be worth you taking a look through the OFPEC Tutorial

oh he means the mission wizard thingy under

Play/Single Missions/My missions.

Mate, forget about that and just use the proper editor.

The wizard is quite good for learning the basics I suppose.

But there are loads more options to utilise in the main editor.

No wonder what we were saying wasn't working for you.

AFAIK you can't synchronize the waypoints or name units in it.

It's basically the same as the xbox OFP Elite mission editor - only harder to use tounge2.gif ironic really.