Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

Alpha textures problem on BinPbo processing

Hi all,

I have some problem with binarizing process on p3d. After this step, i can't see alpha texture properties ingame, meaning aimpoint scope not transparent, muzzle too, etc...

All these properties works fine in mlod work, but after this step, all alpha seems to lose their properties.

But, some of these texture are not in binarized directory, but in already binarized ressources. That's why it's not a problem on paa file. Maybe odol p3d problem or rvmat.

I've read all topics talking about this here, but can't find a solution. Need help biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

PS for moderator: this forum don't display old topic,here it's less than 1 month. Is it a choice or maybe you have a problem too tounge2.gif Edit, never mind of my PS ^^

Ok, i've found the solution, due to external ressources binarizing again.

Do not link your model to any rvmat already binarized in other pbo (including rvmat & textures concerned), otherwise, you will have no material on part of these model, and no more alpha channel on paa :s

For example, do not link your p3dm to aimpoint texture of "ca" project wink_o.gif

Cheers,

SoldierIsNotHistory

but i have the same error with my vehicles

there are in VIBI folder, material RVMAT is in the same place(folder) but alpha problem still remains !!!

for me - binarisation only make problems sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do not link your model to any rvmat already binarized in other pbo (including rvmat & textures concerned), otherwise, you will have no material on part of these model, and no more alpha channel on paa .

This is incorrect advice.

@vilas... read the first part of the first post in this -> Materials & BinPBO/Binarize... thread... and see if you get any joy...

yes incorect advice, shame that those tools work in such way, in OFP all was good, here... i would have to say f***

i will say even more , in my VIBI there is BIS OFP bicycle JAVA, after binarisation !!! on wheels appeared texture from fuel tank :/

no matter if there is material or like-OFP without normalmapping model, glass is not transparent :/

but when i had binarised my addons of weapons Eotech worked good while Aimpoint not :/

IS SOMEONE FROM BIS READ IT?

OR JUST WE "MORTAL" USERS HAVE TO DEAL WITH PROBLEMS OF SOFTWARE MADE BY DEVELOPER WITHOUT HELP AND ADVICES huh.gif

HOW YOU MADE GAME ON THOSE TOOLS THAT WHEN WE MAKE SOMETHING THEN THERE IS ERROR huh.gif

Well, i had those issues with binarise tool (command line), but with BinPbo, everything works execllent so far, although the compression of the p3d, as far as i noticed back then isn't the same (with Binpbo it tends to be slightly bigger that with Binarise tool), the model works with no problems.

So i suggest use BinPbo.

@XSparky... that's interesting... probably find that the ones you were producing directly with binarize.exe were possibly malformed being smaller than the BinPBO versions you create now.

I too have no problems with any of the tools or there usage everything is working pretty well indeed...